Windows 10: Laptop Mouse Buttons and Selective Freezing

Discus and support Laptop Mouse Buttons and Selective Freezing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know where to begin with this so I'll keep it as simple as possible. I own a HP Laptop running Windows 10 that for some time was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ConnorWalker9, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Laptop Mouse Buttons and Selective Freezing

I don't know where to begin with this so I'll keep it as simple as possible.

I own a HP Laptop running Windows 10 that for some time was working fine, nothing out of the ordinary in terms of errors and all that. That is until recently.

One day I turned on my laptop, started up fine and then I noticed the left button was almost stuck in a down state (not the actual button but on screen).

This is how the problems began. Until both buttons became unresponsive and even alternated roles so left became right. This lead on to random freezes and an inaccessible way of using my laptop.

I searched the Internet and followed certain advice updating drivers and all, but with the messed up buttons and constant freezing it's damn near impossible to do anything. Also the stuff I managed to do, did not solve the problems.

If anyone has even the slightest idea on what I could do or know what's going on, it is very much appreciated.

:)

ConnorWalker9, Aug 26, 2019

2. Mouse Button Selection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Please share the details.

• Are you facing similar with another app as well?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I would suggest to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware troubleshooter

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Hardware and Devices

Method 2:
    update drivers

I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Method 3:Compatibility mode

If issue still persist suggest install latest available driver from manufacturer's website. If there are no windows 10 drivers then install the available driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Laptop Mouse Buttons and Selective Freezing

Mouse momentarily freezes since Windows 10 Creator edition was installed

Thank you for your response. When I select "Let me pick from a list of device on my computer" I get 2 options:

HID-Compliant device

HID-Compliant Mouse

I select "HID-Compliant Mouse" followed by the "Next" button.

The message "Windows has successfully updated your drivers" is displayed. I did not get a list of drivers to choose from.

This did not resolve the problem.

I have made a further observation as follows:

When the system is searching for drivers there is a green progress bar moves across the screen. This progress bar is also freezing at the same time that the mouse is freezing. Does this suggest that it is a display issue rather than a mouse issue?

I have also timed the freezing and it is occurring for about 1/2 a second every 2 seconds rather than that originally stated above.

richardstreet1, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Mouse Buttons and Selective Freezing

1. Laptop Mouse Buttons and Selective Freezing - Similar Threads - Laptop Mouse Buttons

2. Mouse Thumb Buttons "Freezing" Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Thumb Buttons "Freezing" Computer: Recently, I've been having an issue with my mouse where pressing one of the thumb buttons MB4 and MB5 causes my computer to "freeze." But not in the sense where the entire monitor stops. Rather, if I'm in a fullscreened game, I can't press the Windows button and tab out. If I...
  3. Language select button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language select button: I recently noticed that my language change button at the bottom of the display has now threeoptions instead of two: English US Hebrew QAB - Unknown Locale qab - Latn US Keyboard. How can I remove the QAB? It does not appear in the Preferred LanguageList. The list...
  4. Accidentally disabled laptop mouse buttons

Accidentally disabled laptop mouse buttons: I've got a Lenovo ThinkPad E585 running Windows 10 10.0.18363. I just opened it up and wiped off the touchpad and keyboard to get rid of some oil and now the mouse buttons don't work. Was on the sign-in screen. At least, the primary ones don't. This model has a primary set up...
  5. Laptop Freezes but Mouse and Keyboard Works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Freezes but Mouse and Keyboard Works: I have a HP OMEN 15-cex series laptop. Recently I encountered a blue screen error, so I reset my Laptop, reinstalled Windows and I cleaned all the dust inside my laptop as well. Now the BSOD has stopped occurring but my laptop suddenly freezes ( especially while gaming,...
  6. Mouse Buttons

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mouse Buttons: Hello, I am having troubles. Every time I turn on my latop after shutting it down, the mouse buttons are switched. The left is right and right is left, meaning that the primary and secondary are swapped. This has only began occurring after I plugged in my external mouse....
  7. Left Mouse Button Selects but stays stuck you have to click again to end the selection

Left Mouse Button Selects but stays stuck you have to click again to end the selection: I recently updated two of my systems and now both computers have the same issues. All drivers are updated and selections are at default. When you select say any text click left mouse button to start our selection the select stays stuck you can release the mouse and where...
  8. mouse buttons

mouse buttons: I've just upgraded to Windows 10 from I can't remember what. I was able to change the mouse buttons so it was easier for me to operate the mouse. I used the right button as my left click and the scroll wheel as the right click. Now the mouse settings has only the ability to...
  9. mouse buttons

mouse buttons: Hi since I re-installed windows 10 I have to give a double click with my left mouse button, it used to work everything with one click. how do I set it to work with one clock ? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Ronnie...
  10. mouse buttons

mouse buttons: hi all, i have bought a new Chinese mouse, a nice mouse with good properties but with no special driver. the mouse has 9 buttons (home and dpi included), the 6st and 7st buttons are internet and multimedia by default, and i want to change them. all the software i found is...