Windows 10: Laptop/mouse freezes after closing Firefox browser

Discus and support Laptop/mouse freezes after closing Firefox browser in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer freezes for anywhere between 30 seconds to a minute or two when I close the Mozilla Firefox browser after having it open for a longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Squashers, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Squashers Win User

Laptop/mouse freezes after closing Firefox browser

My computer freezes for anywhere between 30 seconds to a minute or two when I close the Mozilla Firefox browser after having it open for a longer period of time. The mouse will not move and clicking does nothing. I don't normally have any other programs running, because usually I close out of everything else first and internet last. My Firefox is up to date as is my Windows 10. I'm really not sure what's causing the problem.

:)

Squashers, Dec 14, 2020

2. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Dec 14, 2020
  3. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

In this case, you can try to make Mozilla Firefox as your default web browser by following these steps:

• Open Mozilla Firefox.
    • Click the Menu button and select Options.
    • On the General tab, click on Make Default. The
      Windows Settings app will open with the Choose default apps screen.
    • Scroll down and click the entry under Web browser. In this case, the icon will say either Microsoft Edge or Choose your
      default browser
    • In the Choose an app screen, click Firefox to set it as the default browser.

After performing the steps, Mozilla Firefox is now listed as your default browser. Close the window to save your changes. If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 14, 2020
  4. JSheridan Win User

a problem with firefox been the default browser

No I don't remember seeing it before installing Waterfox. Also, I tried uninstalling both Firefox and Waterfox and then installed Firefox, still not present on the Default Browser list.

Windows 10 1809 with the latest updates but the same problem was there in 1803. I didn't notice it before then.

I tried the suggestions in the link you provided and nothing worked except the last one with the command prompt command. That worked on the laptop that was most affected and made Firefox appear on the list and is now my default browser. Laptop/mouse freezes after closing Firefox browser :)

I also have a desktop which has had Firefox as the default browser forever but it doesn't show up on the Default Browser list and none of the suggestions worked to make it appear. I'm not going to mess with that one too much as Firefox is already the default browser so I'll be fine unless it somehow gets changed.

Thanks for your help. Laptop/mouse freezes after closing Firefox browser :)

JSheridan, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop/mouse freezes after closing Firefox browser - Similar Threads - Laptop mouse freezes

2. icons close folders, laptop mouse closes browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icons close folders, laptop mouse closes browser: Clicking a file or moving the mouse on the laptop will often close the folder so I cannot drag and drop: clicking on anything on the laptop closes any browser. Installed and deleted Win 11 - did not solve the problem. SSD is clean, fixes have not worked including support from...
  3. icons close folders, laptop mouse closes browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icons close folders, laptop mouse closes browser: Clicking a file or moving the mouse on the laptop will often close the folder so I cannot drag and drop: clicking on anything on the laptop closes any browser. Installed and deleted Win 11 - did not solve the problem. SSD is clean, fixes have not worked including support from...
  4. icons close folders, laptop mouse closes browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  6. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  7. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Laptop freezes and closes all browser tabs closes when plugged in after battery reaches 100%.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes and closes all browser tabs closes when plugged in after battery reaches 100%.: Hello,Below are my laptop specifications:Device name LAPTOP-PAV6L9M3 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 5.88 GB usable I have had my laptop for close to 15 months. After a year of use, I realized that my laptop freezes when...
  9. Laptop freezes and closes all browser tabs closes when plugged in after battery reaches 100%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes and closes all browser tabs closes when plugged in after battery reaches 100%.: Hello,Below are my laptop specifications:Device name LAPTOP-PAV6L9M3 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 5.88 GB usable I have had my laptop for close to 15 months. After a year of use, I realized that my laptop freezes when...
  10. Laptop freezes and closes all browser tabs closes when plugged in after battery reaches 100%.