Windows 10: Laptop mousepad doesnt work

Discus and support Laptop mousepad doesnt work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; While at work I have a wireless mouse, however I have noticed once in a while if I bring my laptop home to do work sans said mouse the touchpad isnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/burnertimesinfinity, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Laptop mousepad doesnt work

While at work I have a wireless mouse, however I have noticed once in a while if I bring my laptop home to do work sans said mouse the touchpad isnt working which makes doing anything nearly impossible. What is a fix for this? I have a Dell Latitude 7390. Whats more annoying it doesnt happen all the time.

submitted by /u/burnertimesinfinity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/burnertimesinfinity, Nov 8, 2019

2. Mousepad doesnt work.

I have a Acer One 10. The mousepad doesnt work. I’ve recently updated to windows 10. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

-I have dropped it recently but it doesnt look broken or cracked

***Moved from: Mobile Devices / Other Windows mobile devices / Settings / Windows 10 Mobile.***

GiselleMerino, Nov 8, 2019
  3. mousepad not working

Since installing windows 10 my mousepad has stopped working ive tried updating the drivers and my laptop tells me the mousepad is active does anyone else have this problem or any ideas on how to fix it its a bit awkward using a laptop when you have to
    plug in a mouse

siobhanglindon, Nov 8, 2019
  4. turbopete Win User

Laptop mousepad doesnt work

mousepad not working after windows 10 install

mousepad worked perfectly in windows 8.1. device manager doesnt recognise the mousepad is there. i have reinstalled the driver, no idea what version. ive tried the mousepad switch (fn and f7) and that made no difference. it doesnt work even in the bois, i have to use an external mouse. the upgrade was supposed to be a clean install. had to do it online as the boot from USB stick seems to be security locked and i cant unlock it. model is an acer aspire es1-512-c50s. as for boot in safe mode, i havent found that option in the bios.

EDIT: every single guide and how to on this issue ive seen online says to switch the mouse setting in the bios to basic, which is what i had done. ive been back in and switched it to advanced, which is default in the bios on this machine, and it works again. thanks for the help.

EDIT 2: after a restart its stopped working again. HELP!!!

turbopete, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Laptop mousepad doesnt work

1. Laptop mousepad doesnt work - Similar Threads - Laptop mousepad doesnt

2. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.: I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?...
  3. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.: I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?...
  4. My mousepad is not working....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mousepad is not working....: Every time I update the windows while I'm using my Wireless Mouse, After the update my mousepad would not work and I then go back to my previous update...I want a solution...Windows 11Mouse: NIYE SB-SLYXM10Laptop: IdeaPad Gaming 3 15, AMD Ryzen™ 7 4800H...
  5. Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse: I plugged a mouse into my laptop and the mousepad stopped working. This isn't the first time I've used a mouse with this laptop and it's been fine every other time. The mousepad does not work even when I unplug the mouse again. I've tried updating/reinstalling the driver....
  6. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mousepad not working: Hello:The mousepad of my computer did not work.I tried to update the driver but it said that the driver is up to date.If I used and external mouse it work.The computer is a Acer Aspire A315-56Can you tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks,Hiram...
  7. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mousepad not working: Hello:The mousepad of my computer did not work.I tried to update the driver but it said that the driver is up to date.If I used and external mouse it work.The computer is a Acer Aspire A315-56Can you tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks,Hiram...
  8. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Regarding laptop mousepad

Regarding laptop mousepad: Somedays ago I had problems with booting into Windows, so I did a clean install of windows with a bootable USB, my laptop was running on the May 2020 update before the problem, so now I downloaded the October 2020 version and installed it. After installing I found problems...
  10. Laptop Mousepad not working correctly

Laptop Mousepad not working correctly: Hi. My laptop touchpad isn't working properly. If I click the left button it performs a right-click and if I click the right button it does nothing. if tap the touchpad it performs a right-click also. my primary button is set to left. I am using windows 10. please help!!...