Windows 10: Laptop Mousepad not working correctly

Discus and support Laptop Mousepad not working correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. My laptop touchpad isn't working properly. If I click the left button it performs a right-click and if I click the right button it does nothing. if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Suhail Mahomed, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Laptop Mousepad not working correctly

Hi. My laptop touchpad isn't working properly. If I click the left button it performs a right-click and if I click the right button it does nothing. if tap the touchpad it performs a right-click also. my primary button is set to left. I am using windows 10. please help!!

:)

Suhail Mahomed, Oct 17, 2018

2. mousepad not working

Since installing windows 10 my mousepad has stopped working ive tried updating the drivers and my laptop tells me the mousepad is active does anyone else have this problem or any ideas on how to fix it its a bit awkward using a laptop when you have to
    plug in a mouse

siobhanglindon, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Mousepad stops working when disconnecting power on my laptop with windows10

Hi Schiet,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the mousepad drivers and check if it helps you to fix the issue.

The issue could also arise due to outdated drivers that might not be compatible with Windows 10. So, I would suggest you to keep checking your Windows updates not only important one but optional too. If any available try to install them and see
    if it helps you to fix the issue.

First, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the mousepad drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

How to: Install
    and Update drivers in Windows 10

Run Hardware Troubleshooter and see if it helps to resolve the issue. Please follow the below steps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

• Click Next to run the Hardware
      and
      Device Troubleshooter.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Laptop Mousepad not working correctly

Mousepad not working after windows 10

Hi Bon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I’m sorry to know that Mouse pad is not working after upgrading to Windows 10. Don't worry, I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Method 1:
    Run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices
      option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install mouse pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the mousepad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest mousepad drivers for Windows 10 from manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Mousepad not working correctly

1. Laptop Mousepad not working correctly - Similar Threads - Laptop Mousepad working

2. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.: I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?...
  3. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.: I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?...
  4. My mousepad is not working....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mousepad is not working....: Every time I update the windows while I'm using my Wireless Mouse, After the update my mousepad would not work and I then go back to my previous update...I want a solution...Windows 11Mouse: NIYE SB-SLYXM10Laptop: IdeaPad Gaming 3 15, AMD Ryzen™ 7 4800H...
  5. Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse

Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse: I plugged a mouse into my laptop and the mousepad stopped working. This isn't the first time I've used a mouse with this laptop and it's been fine every other time. The mousepad does not work even when I unplug the mouse again. I've tried updating/reinstalling the driver....
  6. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mousepad not working: Hello:The mousepad of my computer did not work.I tried to update the driver but it said that the driver is up to date.If I used and external mouse it work.The computer is a Acer Aspire A315-56Can you tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks,Hiram...
  7. Mousepad not working

Mousepad not working: Hello:The mousepad of my computer did not work.I tried to update the driver but it said that the driver is up to date.If I used and external mouse it work.The computer is a Acer Aspire A315-56Can you tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks,Hiram...
  8. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Regarding laptop mousepad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding laptop mousepad: Somedays ago I had problems with booting into Windows, so I did a clean install of windows with a bootable USB, my laptop was running on the May 2020 update before the problem, so now I downloaded the October 2020 version and installed it. After installing I found problems...
  10. Laptop mousepad doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop mousepad doesnt work: While at work I have a wireless mouse, however I have noticed once in a while if I bring my laptop home to do work sans said mouse the touchpad isnt working which makes doing anything nearly impossible. What is a fix for this? I have a Dell Latitude 7390. Whats more annoying...