Windows 10: Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

Discus and support Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since the most recent update, which I updated either last night or the night prior, my laptop will not charge. When plugged in it says "plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Akihiko, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Akihiko Win User

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

Hello,

Since the most recent update, which I updated either last night or the night prior, my laptop will not charge. When plugged in it says "plugged in", but that's it. It doesn't even say "plugged in, not charging". Everything was fine prior to this update. How can I get my laptop to charge?

:)

Akihiko, Aug 19, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Laptop longer charging

2. Laptop died and will no longer charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop died and will no longer charge: I was on the laptop it was at like 1% my laptop gets laggy when it gets at a really low percentage it died and will no longer charge even when I tried charging it while it was still running it’s been like this for a while I tried resetting it I got a new charge tried plugging...
  3. Laptop died and will no longer charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop died and will no longer charge: I was on the laptop it was at like 1% my laptop gets laggy when it gets at a really low percentage it died and will no longer charge even when I tried charging it while it was still running it’s been like this for a while I tried resetting it I got a new charge tried plugging...
  4. Why is my laptop's charger no longer charging?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my laptop's charger no longer charging?: Basically i was playing VALORANT on my laptop when i a notification that my battery is low and it was at 7%, At first i thought nothing of it, but after 20 minutes it's still at 7%, i just shutted it down and made it do it's thing, but when i booted it, it gave me an...
  5. Laptop not Charging after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not Charging after Windows 10 update: Hello allI got a new Razer pro 17 laptop with windows 10 on it.after a windows update, the laptop stopped charging, even though the charger is plugged in.at first, i thought its a hardware issue, so I did a clean windows rest completely wiped out all data, and I found out the...
  6. can no longer resize windows since update

in Windows 10 Support
    can no longer resize windows since update: Hello. This is my first time asking a question. My Windows 10 Home, version 1903, updated automatically on Sept. 29. Everything seems different, and I am gradually figuring it out. (Is there a tutorial anywhere?) What really bothers me is that I can no longer resize...
  7. Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update

Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update: Good Afternoon My computer was updated this morning and now the battery is no longer charging at all. It states it is "plugged in" when connected to mains power but is no longer charging. How do I fix this problem?...
  8. Laptop Battery plugged in but not charging, since

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Battery plugged in but not charging, since: I believe that the batteryhardware is working fine. However it's struck at 18% plugged not charging. On disconnecting the chargerlaptop shuts down instantly. The laptop and battery was fine yesterday, the only thing changed since then was a cumulative update. [ATTACH] I...
  9. Laptop battery not charging since Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery not charging since Windows update: Last October, my laptop installed a Windows update, and after that, my laptop battery would not charge when plugged in. I tried this fix which worked. However, the next time I restarted my computer, the battery would not charge again. Annoying, but not a huge problem. But...
  10. Since Windows 10 updates, Itunes will not open any longer

Since Windows 10 updates, Itunes will not open any longer: iTunes will no longer open Windows 10. It has been sluggish and temperamental for months, now wont open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-windows-10-updates-itunes-will-not-open-any/99e8a582-d63a-4401-b6a1-3c74f63bbc1f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop not charging since update

2. laptop upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and now it doesnt charge

3. windows update laptop not charging