Windows 10: Laptop no longer recognising external monitors

Discus and support Laptop no longer recognising external monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I always use external monitors for work with my laptop. The last time I used my laptop it was working correctly with my personal external monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rob4444444444, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Laptop no longer recognising external monitors

Hi, I always use external monitors for work with my laptop. The last time I used my laptop it was working correctly with my personal external monitor a Dell but having returned from holiday and started a new job, I cannot connect to any monitors in the new office, either via Display Port or HDMI. Have tried with multiple brands of monitor LG and Dell. I have also tried connecting to my own personal external monitor and can no longer get it to work. All monitors are simply not detected.

It seems quite sure it is related to the laptop itself, either software or hardware, as I have tried 3 monitors, HDMI and DP for all of them, and multiple cables and the monitor that was working the last time I used my laptop before going on holiday no longer is detected either.

I have an Asus Zenbook 14 inch UX433FA which is less than 6 months old. It has an Intel UHD Graphics 620 card, in Device Managers I have tried Update Driver and restarting. Have also tried Uninstall Device and select uninstall driver too and restarting, on which the driver seems to be there on restarting, I assume because it automatically reinstalled it but I may be wrong. Have also made sure all Windows Updates are complete and have restarted multiple times.

I have read at least a hundred Google links on the issue and none of those solutions resolves it. Any ideas what I should be trying?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

:)

Rob4444444444, Jan 30, 2020

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Laptop Connection to External TV used as Monitor

What actions have tried to solve the problem?

What version of W10 are you on?

What was the upgrade that was applied ?

Try > turn off your laptop > disconnect external monitor connection (TV) > restart laptop > reconnect external monitor (TV) > is the TV recognised ?

or:

Turn off laptop > disconnect Monitor > restart laptop > re-install graphics driver from laptop manufacturers website > Restart laptop > re-connect monitor > is monitor recognised ?

Shilohbob, Jan 30, 2020
  4. delpi767 Win User

Laptop no longer recognising external monitors

No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update.

I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one display is shown.

I have confirmed that the monitor works by trying it with another laptop. I have also changed the HDMI cable between the laptop and the external monitor.

Device manager reports that I have the latest display driver installed.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

delpi767, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Laptop no longer recognising external monitors

1. Laptop no longer recognising external monitors - Similar Threads - Laptop longer recognising

2. Laptop/windows 11 can no longer detect external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop/windows 11 can no longer detect external monitor: I went into the office this week and my laptop/Windows 11 would not detect the monitor. Here's the trouble shooting I've done so far: Tried connecting to 3 different monitors with 3 different cables, then came home and now it doesn't recognize home monitor. Updated bios,...
  3. Laptop/windows 11 can no longer detect external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop/windows 11 can no longer detect external monitor: I went into the office this week and my laptop/Windows 11 would not detect the monitor. Here's the trouble shooting I've done so far: Tried connecting to 3 different monitors with 3 different cables, then came home and now it doesn't recognize home monitor. Updated bios,...
  4. Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.: I have added windows 11 and now my Lenovo Yoga Slim does not recognise my external monitor. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-slim-no-longer-recognises-my-external/9d1b7de4-8d94-4afb-8402-36934a62f57a
  5. Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.: I have added windows 11 and now my Lenovo Yoga Slim does not recognise my external monitor. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-slim-no-longer-recognises-my-external/9d1b7de4-8d94-4afb-8402-36934a62f57a
  6. Laptop doesn't recognise monitor audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop doesn't recognise monitor audio: Under output devices I used to be able to select my monitor and directly plug in my headphones into my monitor. After factory resetting my computer, that option does not appear anymore. Does anyone know a fix. submitted by /u/lordSKULLcRuShr [link] [comments]...
  7. External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?: I use an external monitor for my laptop, and the display is much bigger, but the resolution is limited by the laptop. All of the icons, the taskbar, and the mouse cursor are too big for the size of the monitor, it is as if I'm just using the laptop monitor. I have an NVIDIA...
  8. Device not migrated: Acer Laptop not recognising external Samsung monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device not migrated: Acer Laptop not recognising external Samsung monitor: Hi, one day my laptop no longer recognised my monitor when I plugged in my hdmi cable into my monitor. Looking at the monitor driver, I think this is what is causing it: Device DISPLAY\AUO293C\4&466a757&3&UID265988 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match....
  9. My External HD no longer recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My External HD no longer recognised: 4tb harddrive I used to use on my Xbox. I now plug in my computer and my laptop. It does the noise to say it's recognised. And even forms up with the safely eject icon. With open device and printers and eject BUP RD I open device and printers - it's on my devices -...
  10. Windows no longer recognises external disk as NTFS

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows no longer recognises external disk as NTFS: I've got an external hard disk which I was using to back up two computers. The last time I used it it was recognised properly as containing an NTFS volume by both computers (both running Windows 10). However this time it is no longer recognised properly by either of the two...