Windows 10: Laptop no longer works after Update

Discus and support Laptop no longer works after Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, so I'm currently facing a huge issue on my laptop, which is an Asus GL502VM, after Windows decided to perform an update. It was running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alen Shaji, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Laptop no longer works after Update

Hello, so I'm currently facing a huge issue on my laptop, which is an Asus GL502VM, after Windows decided to perform an update. It was running Windows 10 which came preinstalled with the laptop and I had paused the recent updates since these usually caused more issues.

So anyway this afternoon once I was finished with my work and decided to shut down the laptop it decided to perform an update. At that time I didn't think too much of it and just let it run. After some time when I started up the laptop it was stuck on the logo screen for 10 minutes without the circling dots, another 10 minutes once the circling dots came up and after that I got the login screen. I typed the pin and entered my account and again had to wait 10 minutes looking at a black screen before my desktop showed and found that I can't do anything there. I was unable to open apps, the settings and not even windows explorer for some reason Edge worked.

I decided to restart the laptop in safe mode to see if I can do anything to solve the issue in that. So I ran msconfig could still run commands with Win+R and applied the safe mode option and now I can no longer get past the black screen.

I'm thinking a system restore or a fresh install might be the only way to get through this. I'm not sure on how to do either since I can barely access anything on the system.

I'm also worried that the fresh install would leave me with an unactivated version of windows and make me lose all my data which is in my HDD. The laptop has both a 256GB SSD where the OS is installed and apps as well and a 1TB HDD. Will the fresh install wipe out the files in the HDD? Also I don't have a Windows License key since I've never needed it before.

Any input on how to solve this would be appreciated.

:)

Alen Shaji, Jul 28, 2020
  2. VBX
    vbx Win User

Laptop no longer working. What could be the problem?

Oh crap it work!

One of the ram is bad.

THANK YOU FOR SUGGESTING THAT. I was about to waste 1k on a new laptop.

3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop no longer works after Update pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 28, 2020
  4. elbeasto Win User

Laptop no longer works after Update

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Laptop no longer works after Update

1. Laptop no longer works after Update - Similar Threads - Laptop longer works

2. Printers no longer works after microsoft update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers no longer works after microsoft update: There was a Microsoft update in December, since then I have been unable to use my printer HP 2710e or use the "save to pdf" function in Excel. I keep receiving the message "current printer is unavailable. select another printer" when trying to save to pdf.When checking my...
  3. Pwd no longer works in 8.1 after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pwd no longer works in 8.1 after update: Hi guys. So, I have a Sony Vaio running 8.1. The other day Windows ran an update and rebooted. After the reboot I tried logging in with my normal 4 digit pin and I receive an error that it is invalid. My laptop being the age that it is I haven't used the real password in over...
  4. After update my pin no longer works.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update my pin no longer works.: I updated my pc, the next morning I turned it on and it says my pin is no longer available due to security settings. I've tried everything google knows with no positive results. Anyone else have this issue? I work from home so this needs to be resolved asap!!...
  5. Synaptics touchpad no longer working after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Synaptics touchpad no longer working after updating: Hello, I just want to preface this by saying I'm not a really a techy person so I may not know all the terms and whatnot. Anyways, I had an old HP Stream 11 laying around and decided to update it to Windows 10. I updated it by downloading the update to a flash drive and used...
  6. speakers no longer work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    speakers no longer work after update: first my printer didnt work after the update then my speakers are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-no-longer-work-after-update/f35104e4-b60a-4b86-a1be-21bab9c7fd32
  7. Internal mic no longer works after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal mic no longer works after update: Hi, I did a system update yesterday and after it had completed my internal mic no longer works. I discovered this just as I was about to give an on-line lecture. The mic worked fine the day previously, and when I look in the device manager it isn't on the list. All I seem...
  8. Speakers no longer working after Windows update

Speakers no longer working after Windows update: Dell Inspiron 13 / 7000 series. Windows update 0n October 10, 2018. Speakers no longer work. Bluetooth speaker is OK. Tried all the usual fixes...drivers etc. Could NOT try sytem recovery as this was not set to on. Any clues?...
  9. Laptop camera no longer works after Microsoft Windows update

Laptop camera no longer works after Microsoft Windows update: Recently update Windows (because Microsoft does that), and now my laptop's inbuilt camera will not work. I get the following error code: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0x8007001F I wholly am convinced this is due to the recent forced Microsoft Windows 10 update on my...
  10. Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update: Since the Anniversary update, I cannot play MKVs, MP4s and AVIs. I even installed the latest K-lite & CCCP after this. When I use WMP to play an MP4 for example, the program crashes. VLC plays AVI and MP4, but without sound. Do you have suggestions what I have to configure...