Windows 10: Laptop Noises When Recording Through Microphone After Windows Update

Discus and support Laptop Noises When Recording Through Microphone After Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need help guys, after i updated to windows 10 ver 1909 , there's a lot of noise when i am recording through the mic. Before i updated it , recording... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John MichaelFeliciano, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Laptop Noises When Recording Through Microphone After Windows Update

I need help guys, after i updated to windows 10 ver 1909 , there's a lot of noise when i am recording through the mic. Before i updated it , recording was fine , it didn't had any extra noises . I just suddenly had some noises after update that i can even barely hear what i'm recording. All I hear is just some static noises that is as loud as my recording.

Any tips?

:)

John MichaelFeliciano, Feb 16, 2020
  2. eclipse Win User

Realtek inbuilt laptop microphone records white noise only

Recently my laptops in built microphone has not been working properly. When I attempt to record with it the actual file output is just a file that plays back white noise. I assume its a driver problem as the microphone is still seen by the OS and manages to "record" however the eventual output is just white noise. The problem doesn't seem to be volume either as even after applying a 20db boost to the microphone it still only outputs white noise. I am using a realtek (r) audio driver at version 6.0.1.8475. My OS version is windows 10, version 1809.

eclipse, Feb 16, 2020
  3. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Feb 16, 2020
  4. kirillkh Win User

Laptop Noises When Recording Through Microphone After Windows Update

Better microphone noise suppression in Windows 10?

Having acquired a new and supposedly good microphone (ModMic), I noticed that I'm still hearing a lot of noise in the recording - about as bad as with my old cheap microphone. I now think the reason is the quality of the sound card (it's the on-board sound card on Asus Z170 PRO GAMING motherboard). For the record, I hear very similar results from both microphone ports (front and rear). My microphone boost setting is at zero and the gain is at 100%, but I also tried different settings with similar results.

I tried to use two noise suppression tools:

1. The "Noise suppression" checkbox in Microphone Properties -> VoizReal Exp tab. This helps, but some background noise remains and it seems the voice is clipped.
    2. The "Noise suppression" filter in OBS Studio. This works much better. No noise remains, and the voice quality is comparatively good.

The question is is it possible to apply a filter like (2) system-wide and not just in OBS Studio.

kirillkh, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Noises When Recording Through Microphone After Windows Update

1. Laptop Noises When Recording Through Microphone After Windows Update - Similar Threads - Laptop Noises Recording

2. USB microphone suddenly recording a tapping noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB microphone suddenly recording a tapping noise: I've been using my current computer for about three years without issue, Windows 10. Yesterday however, I could no longer use speech recognition going through a USB microphone. Finally figured out what the problem is when I tried testing the microphone using the Windows voice...
  3. Laptop Microphone not recording

Laptop Microphone not recording: I am trying to make a video for use in a virtual choir performance, using Windows10 on my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. To record my part, I'm using Windows Voice Recorder App while listening to U-Tube choir recording via my headphones. I activate Voice Recorder and Camera...
  4. Game Bar not Recording Microphone and Backround Noise (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar not Recording Microphone and Backround Noise (Windows 10): So I have been having a problem that has been bugging me that people have been complaining about for years. The Microphone doesn't work with windows 10 Game Bar. Even if I go into Game Bar settings and turn my microphone to 100 it doesn't work. I've found out switching from...
  5. Cannot listen to a microphone through a recording device after Windows 10 update

Cannot listen to a microphone through a recording device after Windows 10 update: Hello, after the latest Windows 10 update I've been having some issues with my microphone and making it listen to another recording device. Only playback devices show up in the "playback through this device", while before the update I could pick and choose between both...
  6. Play records through microphone line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play records through microphone line: Hey guys i need your help. :) I'm looking for a programme that allow to play records (that i make) through microphone line. I work as a pollster at home, on my private computer (with Windows 10). And as it happens on this job, people quite rarely agree for an interview so...
  7. Microphone Records Nothing but some alien noises.

Microphone Records Nothing but some alien noises.: My laptop display recently broke down and I bought a new external monitor instead. Connected it via hdmi. 17-7700HQ GTX 1060 6gb 16gb ram realtek and dolby, Uninstalled and reinstalled both graphics drivers and realtek drivers twice. Issue started after new monitor....
  8. Unable to record audio from Microphone when connected through AUX

Unable to record audio from Microphone when connected through AUX: Hello, I just got Turtle Beach Recon 50P Stereo Gaming Headset. It comes with a built in microphone. When i plug it in, the audio works but the mic does not. I went to the "recording" settings under the "Sound" settings and I have microphones showing but only the Laptops...
  9. Loud static noise when recording from microphone

Loud static noise when recording from microphone: I'm not sure if it's a problem with the computer, but I cannot confirm as this is the only one I have. When you disconnect and reconnect it will work perfectly fine for a while, but then, after a few minutes, it suddenly gets distorted, with a really loud static noise and the...
  10. Computer noise when recording

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer noise when recording: Hi Everyone, Running Win 10 on a Surface pro 4. When I'm recording via voice recorder with the inbuilt mic, or using Audacity, I'm getting a lot of crackling noises. Have adjusted recording volumes, looked at various solutions, but nothing works. Has anyone else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ver 1909 noise supression