Windows 10: Laptop not able to join the homegroup on my desktop computer

Discus and support Laptop not able to join the homegroup on my desktop computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My desktop is set up for a homegroup in windows 10. When I try to set up my laptop it reads " detected a homegroup" and there is a join tab. When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windowed, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Windowed Win User

Laptop not able to join the homegroup on my desktop computer

My desktop is set up for a homegroup in windows 10. When I try to set up my laptop it reads " detected a homegroup" and there is a join tab. When the join tab is clicked it states that a homegroup is not detected. The laptop is set up on the network so what is the problem?

:)

Windowed, Nov 16, 2016

2. Unable to join homegroup windows 10

I am running Windows 10 64-bit on a desktop and Windows 10 32-bit on a laptop computer. I created a homegroup on the desktop computer and the laptop is able to see the homegroup on the desktop computer, but I am unable to join the homegroup. I get the
    error "Windows no longer detects a homegroup on this network. To create a new homegroup, click OK, and then open Homegroup in Control Panel." However, when I click OK it says "You've been invited to join a homegroup." I've run the homegroup troubleshooter
    on both machines (the host computer [desktop]) and the computer that I'm trying to join to the homegroup [laptop]. But, nothing seems to change. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

Brian

BMillikan73, Nov 16, 2016
  3. Jim Craft Win User
    Homegroup for 3 Windows 10 Pro Computers

I just upgraded my 2 desktops to Windows 10 Pro. I also have a laptop which earlier (about 2 months ago) was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I set up a homegroup from my primary desktop. I was able to join the homegroup from the other desktop, and I'm able to
    share files as desired. (I never had any issues with printers.) But when I try to join the homegroup from the laptop, I get an error message: "Windows can't set up a homegroup on this computer."

I've tried calling Windows 10 technical support, but after holding for an hour I gave up. Does anyone have suggestions? Why should the laptop balk at joining the homegroup when the second desktop had no problems?

Thanks

Jim Craft, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

Laptop not able to join the homegroup on my desktop computer

1. Laptop not able to join the homegroup on my desktop computer - Similar Threads - Laptop able join

2. Joining a HomeGroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a HomeGroup: I have been trying to join 2 laptops to a HomeGroup set up and there is no option showing to join. There are several guides that I've seen and all show options that do not appear on either laptop I'm trying to join with. Supposedly ther is a HomeGroup option within the...
  3. Unable to Join HomeGroup

Unable to Join HomeGroup: Hello everyone. I set up a homegroup years ago.. and had it set to two computers linked up and ready to go. Now we moved, got new everything and trying to set it up again but its showing my old homegroup. I can ether click on (Change Adv Settings) or Troubleshoot. Also...
  4. Unable to Join Homegroup either on Laptop or Desktop

Unable to Join Homegroup either on Laptop or Desktop: Hello, After upgrading both Desktop & Laptop to Win 10, I am not able to JOIN Homegroup. Both computers show the option Homegroup: READY TO CREATE. Nomally when a Homegroup is created through one of the computers in network, Second or other computers should show it as...
  5. Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer

Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer: Hi, When I go to homegroup it says "my@emailaddress.com on MyComputer created a domain on the network." There are no other computers on the network and I do not have a password to join I have tried to delete:...
  6. Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers

Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers: I have two laptops recently upgraded to Windows 10 (one was previously running 7, the other 8.1). I can connect both to a Homegroup, and they can access each other's files for a time, then (usually after one goes to sleep) they cannot access each other. The Homegroup is still...
  7. Not able to join HOMEGROUP on Windows10 Pro

Not able to join HOMEGROUP on Windows10 Pro: Hi All, I have 2 Dell Alienware PC's. Both are running on Windows10Pro 64 BIT. One is a laptop and the other one is a Desktop. Both systems areconnected to the same and only network and not any domain whatsoever. The problem is, when I try to create a Homegroup on...
  8. Cannot join HomeGroup

Cannot join HomeGroup: I have two computers, my desktop and my laptop which is a Lenovo T520 Thinkpad. My laptop is connected to a D-Link Smart switch via Cat 7 which is connected to my router as well as my desktop. I originally created a Home group on my desktop and then went to Home group on my...
  9. Update: "This computer can not join/create homegroup"

Update: "This computer can not join/create homegroup": I've tried trouble shooters for homegroup and network I've tried enable ipv6 I've tried making sure all necessary tasks are "running" in the services section of the network and sharing center I've tried making sure all my advanced homegroup settings were correct. I've...
  10. Join Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Join Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...