Windows 10: Laptop not acknowledging the external cd drive

Discus and support Laptop not acknowledging the external cd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP I5 I think.... It didn't come with a cd player in it so I bought a external cd drive and when I hook it up to the laptop and insert a cd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pats8, Jan 4, 2021.

1. pats8 Win User

Laptop not acknowledging the external cd drive

I have an HP I5 I think.... It didn't come with a cd player in it so I bought a external cd drive and when I hook it up to the laptop and insert a cd nothing happens the laptop doesn't recognize anything also I think that there isn't even CD/DVD software on the laptop. Any suggestions???

:)

pats8, Jan 4, 2021

2. External CD/DVD Drive

Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum, and I have a quick question.
    I have a Toshiba Satellite X200 laptop, it has been dropped and the cd/dvd drive will not read anything, it just sounds like it is loading, and blinks yellow.
    I'm going to get an external cd/dvd drive for now until the laptop is taken in (if warranty isn't over).
    Is there any specific external cd/dvd drives you guys know are compatible with the Satellite X200? Or will I not have a problem with compatibility.

Appreciate it,
    Jeremy.

Desperado1, Jan 4, 2021
  3. windows 10 does not acknowledge my external hard drive

Original title: Mike Rytell

Why is it that windows 10 does not acknowledge my external hard drive?

It list it in the control panel, but will not open it up.

And when I look in file explorer, and go to this PC, it is not listed in devices.

MikeRytell, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Laptop not acknowledging the external cd drive

Copy Music From External CD drive onto computer , then onto a flash drive

Thank you for the information.

If that's the case, we suggest uninstalling your external CD driver thru device manager. Here's how:

• Unplug your external CD drive.
    • Go to Device Manager > Locate your external CD drive > Right-click and select
      Properties > Look for the
      Driver tab > Select Uninstall Device
    • Restart your device.
    • Plug-in your external drive.
    • Check if you'll be able to copy your music files.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Justine Pel, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Laptop not acknowledging the external cd drive

1. Laptop not acknowledging the external cd drive - Similar Threads - Laptop acknowledging external

2. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External CD/DVD Drive: Hi Microsoft : I recently purchased an external cd/dvd drive. The problem is with re-writeable CDs. FORMATTING and re-writing. The unit works with re-writeable DVDs FORMATTING and re-writing. When I checked in DEVICE MANAGER, it lists the drive with the HP brand. Listing it...
  3. External CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External CD/DVD Drive: Hi Microsoft : I recently purchased an external cd/dvd drive. The problem is with re-writeable CDs. FORMATTING and re-writing. The unit works with re-writeable DVDs FORMATTING and re-writing. When I checked in DEVICE MANAGER, it lists the drive with the HP brand. Listing it...
  4. External CD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External CD drive: I am currently trying to rip a CD onto a tablet using an external CD drive. The drive is connected, but Windows Media Player does not recognise it. What could the problem be?...
  5. External CD/DVD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External CD/DVD drive: My laptop doesn't have an internal dvd drive and i want to install windows 10 home from a DVD with a external dvd room... Usb 3.0 In boot menu it doesnt have power... When i start the laptop the dvd drive work and the led start blinking but when ASUS logo showed, the dvd...
  6. CD/DVD external drive

CD/DVD external drive: When trying to eject a disc from a external driver. I get the following error message: An errer occurred while ejecting yje cd. What does this mean and how do i fix this problem?...
  7. ASUS N551JK laptop - will not acknowledge installed CD player or external Bluray writer

ASUS N551JK laptop - will not acknowledge installed CD player or external Bluray writer: I checked the driver information and for both it gives me the following error message: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or...
  8. External CD Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    External CD Drive: I recently bought a new External CD Drive for my new computer but I can not see files in my CDs. I am thinking this is a Windows10 issue... Is there any way to fix this? Thanks...
  9. External CD/DVD drives

External CD/DVD drives: After the last Windows update my Computer does not see the external drive. When I connect an external drive the is an indication by the computer that a device has been inserted, but when I go to This Computer it does not show a CD or DVD external drive. Worked well befor...
  10. External cd/dvd Drive

External cd/dvd Drive: 2.0 usb external hard drive not working with my 3.0 port laptop. My laptop is a new HP i7, 8gb, 1 tb. The laptop has a 3.0 port and the external drive is a 2.0 Verbatim slimline cd/dvd writer. Using the installation cd, components of the external drive were installed on my...