Windows 10: Laptop not allowing sd card movies to play

Discus and support Laptop not allowing sd card movies to play in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i try to access the movies that are downloaded on my SD card, my laptop will not play them. I get some sort of denial pop up and thats that. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlunterLotus19, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Laptop not allowing sd card movies to play

When i try to access the movies that are downloaded on my SD card, my laptop will not play them. I get some sort of denial pop up and thats that. I can view whats on my SD card, I just cannot PLAY the movies on the SD card. Someone please please please please help me!!!!

:)

BlunterLotus19, Nov 21, 2019

2. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Transfer of video pc to micro sd card

Have movies and videos on laptop and when I send them to an sd card they will not play from the sd card on laptop or other devices eg mobile phone or my tablet

minibusalan, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Laptop not allowing sd card movies to play

dorsetknob, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Laptop not allowing sd card movies to play

1. Laptop not allowing sd card movies to play - Similar Threads - Laptop allowing card

2. Sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card: When I download somthing on my sd card it downloads but when I try to extract it says please insert last disk Multi Voulme set and click ok to continue that keeps poping up when I press ok But I when I look into 7-zip App some files are missing even when I use any app I...
  3. sd hc card on a W10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sd hc card on a W10 laptop: I have a 128 gb sd card on a W10 laptop. When I try to delete some data already written to the card, the data appears to be deleted, but reappears after I eject, remove and then reseat the card in its slot. Do I need to do something special? I've been using it just like the...
  4. Sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sd card: my windows 10 is not reading my verbatim micro sd adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/2e69c34c-15aa-4e16-99e9-d13afc29ab45
  5. Playing music from a micro SD card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Playing music from a micro SD card: So i have like 40 gigs of music stored on a micro sd card which i have inside an adapter and plugged into my sd card slot on my laptop, i want to be able to listen to music without spinning up my hdd all the time as i rarely need to access it, but while playing music it will...
  6. SD card

SD card: I have recently had my Acer laptop serviced and the tech talked me into installing windows 10 and I hate it . can someone pleas tell me how I can view the contents of an SD card ? On windows 7 I used to go to my drive menu and just select it from there. thx...
  7. SD card download and play

SD card download and play: how do I download and play a video from an SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-download-and-play/7fcc1484-684c-45af-b36c-753824e8f2b3
  8. SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card: How do I change the settings for what I do when I insert a SD card on my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/75d8c53e-488f-49e9-b1ac-cbf995b30e5e"
  9. SD card

SD card: Windows 10 does not detect my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/cecf9cf6-ad80-43c5-8b57-3c0b84d4305f
  10. can't play SD card on windows 10 hp laptop

can't play SD card on windows 10 hp laptop: I got a new windows 10 hp laptop and I can't pl my SD card from my camcorder on it. It was never a problem on my previous laptop that had windows 7. what do I do ?...