Windows 10: laptop not behaving as power > battery settings mean it should

Discus and support laptop not behaving as power > battery settings mean it should in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10 Pro V 1903 OS build 18362.720 I have my power > battery settings set up as: low battery level - 20% with notifications turned on critical battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jeffsk, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Jeffsk Win User

laptop not behaving as power > battery settings mean it should

W10 Pro
    V 1903
    OS build 18362.720

I have my power > battery settings set up as:

low battery level - 20% with notifications turned on
    critical battery level - 10% also with notifications turned on

see attached screenshots

BUT, if I'm on battery the only notification I get is immediately before the laptop goes into sleep mode....literally 2 seconds! If i'm not quick enough to plug in the power lead then I have to wait for it to go into sleep then wake it again. i.e. it's not behaving as it should with the settings I have

Not a terrible problem, as all my work's still there when it comes out of sleep, but very annoying & time wasting!

Any thoughts on why this is happening & how to make it do what I've set it up for?

TIA

:)

Jeffsk, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Jeffsk Win User

W10 Pro
    V 1903
    OS build 18362.720

I have my power > battery settings set up as:

low battery level - 20% with notifications turned on
    critical battery level - 10% also with notifications turned on

see attached screenshots

BUT, if I'm on battery the only notification I get is immediately before the laptop goes into sleep mode....literally 2 seconds! If i'm not quick enough to plug in the power lead then I have to wait for it to go into sleep then wake it again. i.e. it's not behaving as it should with the settings I have

Not a terrible problem, as all my work's still there when it comes out of sleep, but very annoying & time wasting!

Any thoughts on why this is happening & how to make it do what I've set it up for?

TIA

Jeffsk, Apr 4, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2020
  4. laptop not behaving as power > battery settings mean it should

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

laptop not behaving as power > battery settings mean it should pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. laptop not behaving as power > battery settings mean it should - Similar Threads - laptop behaving power

2. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  3. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  4. How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery: I have the "no battery present" problem I've done everything and now have ordered a new battery. Apparently, when I unplug the computer it does a hard reboot: Acer loading circle, then Windows screen, then login screen. When I merely shut the laptop lid, in the short term it...
  5. How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery: I have the "no battery present" problem I've done everything and now have ordered a new battery. Apparently, when I unplug the computer it does a hard reboot: Acer loading circle, then Windows screen, then login screen. When I merely shut the laptop lid, in the short term it...
  6. How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My laptop is plugged in but it's running on battery power which means it says it's not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is plugged in but it's running on battery power which means it says it's not...: Laptop info: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home System Manufacturer: LENOVO System Type: x64-based PC System SKU: LENOVO_MT_81N8_BU_idea_FM_IdeaPad S340-15IWL Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-8145U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2304 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors Time Zone: Eastern...
  8. Laptop crashes on battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashes on battery power: I have Windows 10 running on my laptop. After a recent update the battery life icon vanished. I followed the instructions in the settings to switch it back on but now the laptop crashes without warning. It acts like the battery is dead but it is a months old battery and it...
  9. while working on laptop should I work on battery or power

in Windows 10 Support
    while working on laptop should I work on battery or power: I am new to laptop though using desktop past 15 years. I am old person. while working laptop on battery the screen is less bright and not comfortable to read. But if I switch ON the power the screen is better for me to read. can I keep on the power switch as long as I am...
  10. Laptop behaving stragely on Battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop behaving stragely on Battery: Hi guys. I have an acer v5 552 pg, basically an older laptop but It serves me okay, and works fast paired with a decent 240gb ssd so its a keeper for now. There is win10 on it, of course. Lately I have noticed some weird and strange behavior which I may want to discuss...