Windows 10: Laptop not booting after bios update

Discus and support Laptop not booting after bios update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a bios update this morning and since then When I push power My laptop doesnt boot to the first screen and just powers on and off in a loop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steven Campoli, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Laptop not booting after bios update

I did a bios update this morning and since then
    When I push power My laptop doesnt boot to the first screen and just powers on and off in a loop.

Removed the battery power plug and opened up my laptop and removed the cmos battery, waited a few minutes, put everything back and same thing, laptop wont boot to the first screen.

:)

Steven Campoli, Jan 23, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Jan 23, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 23, 2021
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

Laptop not booting after bios update

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Laptop not booting after bios update

1. Laptop not booting after bios update - Similar Threads - Laptop booting bios

2. Windows won’t boot after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won’t boot after BIOS Update: I have a Lenovo Legion 5, yesterday the Lenovo Vintage software recommended a bios update which I applied. After applying the installation, the system does not boot and crashes with a blue screen with the error "critical process died". It does not allow you to repair,...
  3. Windows won’t boot after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot after BIOS Update: I have a Lenovo Legion 5, yesterday the Lenovo Vintage software recommended a bios update which I applied. After applying the installation, the system does not boot and crashes with a blue screen with the error "critical process died". It does not allow you to repair,...
  4. Hp laptop not booting up after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp laptop not booting up after bios update: I restarted my laptop, and a BIOS update happened. So I didn't touch it and it got to 100%. Then the computer went black. When I tried to turn it on, it didn't work, when you plug the power cord in, the light doesn't even show up....
  5. Hp laptop not booting up after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp laptop not booting up after bios update: I restarted my laptop, and a BIOS update happened. So I didn't touch it and it got to 100%. Then the computer went black. When I tried to turn it on, it didn't work, when you plug the power cord in, the light doesn't even show up....
  6. laptop not booting up after the bios update, only the power button is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not booting up after the bios update, only the power button is on: So i got an bios update, so while my laptop done updating that it just went blank screen only the power button is on, nothing is work, Hope if someone could help me plz...
  7. laptop not booting up after the bios update, only the power button is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not booting up after the bios update, only the power button is on: So i got an bios update, so while my laptop done updating that it just went blank screen only the power button is on, nothing is work, Hope if someone could help me plz...
  8. Laptop Boots in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Boots in BIOS: I've got a problem with an Asus laptop that boots into the BIOS on every startup. I've taken out the old hard drive, installed an ssd to test and am able to go through the installation routine with Win 10 on a memory stick which seems to go ok. However, on a restart the...
  9. Laptop Boots in BIO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Boots in BIO: I've got a problem with an Asus laptop that boots into the BIOS on every startup. I've taken out the old hard drive, installed an ssd to test and am able to go through the installation routine with Win 10 on a memory stick which seems to go ok. However, on a restart the...
  10. Laptop doesn't boot after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't boot after BIOS update: Hi guys, I recently bought a MSI laptop, and decided to update the BIOS. However after the update my laptop just doesn't boot anything, no USB, no hard drive, nothing. Can anyone help me out? I already enabled/disabled secure boot, used UEFI etc. and tried to flash the...