Windows 10: Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

Discus and support Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My micromax canvas laptab 2 lt777w detachable laptop is not booting to windows nor showing any thing on screen, after powering on, screen stays black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Divas18, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Divas18 Win User

Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

My micromax canvas laptab 2 lt777w detachable laptop is not booting to windows nor showing any thing on screen, after powering on, screen stays black and never boots, I cannot even access uefi menu after pressing esc key

I was using dual boot: windows 10 and pheonix os before and i used to press esc key and then touch boot manager then i select pheonix os or windows10 from the list to boot the laptop. Uefi menu was accessible by esc key before but now no response is there.

This happened after i get into uefi menu by pressing esc key then i touched secure boot option and from then the laptop is not booting up please help me.

I think this is not a hardware issue.
    I tried connecting external keyboard and mouse to get into uefi menu, it didn't worked. I tried booting from live windows 10 usb but i wasn't able to boot from usb. I tried disconnecting screen wire, battery and then reconnecting but nothing worked

PLEASE HELP ME!!

please help, tell me what to do???

:)

Divas18, Oct 15, 2020

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 15, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 15, 2020
  4. CodeSh33p Win User

Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

Black Screen on Boot

My pc has dumped while working in Unity and won`t boot properly anymore. All it does is showing me a black screen with a loading circle followed by a complete black screen with nothing. I can`t even see the login screen. I tried various shortcuts and methods
    but nothing helped. Here are my observations and some information.

• I don`t have an onboard graphics card
    • I can boot up secure mode without a problem
    • I can boot into uefi without a problem
    • I can boot into windows repair screen and interact there without a problem
    • I can boot into grub from an linux dist on my usb Stick but when i trz to boot into linux the same problem occurres
    • it is possible though to boot into linux compatible version
    • Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B on black screen (nothing happened)

• Ctrl + Shift + ESC to open taskmanager on black screen(nothing happened)
    • i`ve tried uninstalling and installing a fresh version of my graphics card driver but the black screen is still apearing
    • i`ve checked whether my windows installation or my disk is damage but both are fine
    • i`ve tried to perform a clean boot but it is also not working
    • i`ve tried to repair windows with an windows image on my usb stick but it resulted in the same problem midway through it
    I thought my graphics card is broken but than again why is it booting into secure mode at all?

CodeSh33p, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot. - Similar Threads - Laptop booting BLACK

2. Laptop black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop black screen after boot up: When I turn my laptop on, after windows logo it is showing black screen even keyboard is not working at that time. Can anyone fix this issue asap? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-black-screen-after-boot-up/a6bd66ee-792e-4930-abef-8d58e0557cf8
  3. Black Screen After Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Boot: Ok so I have had this issue happen to me twice now and the only thing that has changed is that I recently went from a Mamba TE to the Mamba Elite which had me install Synapse 3. What happens is my PC gets through boot, shows the Windows loading circle, but then it just goes...
  4. Can't boot uefi

Can't boot uefi: Hello, Recently I helped a friend with upgrading to an SSD and installed Windows 10 Pro. I used a custom .iso and burned it using Rufus gpt. I set the computer to boot uefi, disabled secure boot. The computer worked perfectly, however after sometime they started getting a...
  5. Can't boot my laptop/ boot manager missing or not fount, Black screen after booting from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot my laptop/ boot manager missing or not fount, Black screen after booting from USB: Hi guys and gals, I desperately need someones help. One day my laptop won't boot anymore, saying that "boot failed/boot manager not found or missing" something like this. I have an acer Aspire ES1-731, This is what I already tried to solve the issue, but unsuccessful. I...
  6. Bios order of boot and UEFI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios order of boot and UEFI: Hi there, what is the optimum order of "boot" you need to set the bios at for a quicker start-up? And where do you place the UEFI component in relation to the actual firmware in the order of boot? Thank you, Robert....
  7. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  8. Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi

Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi: I'm having trouble installing windows 10 on my new built. after asking a microsoft employee they told me to disable the secure boot. but for some reason there is no option for that, its either - Other OS - Windows UEFI mode what do i do? My mobo is a Asus Prime...
  9. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...
  10. Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot: Recently I played around with dual booting Linux Mint on my system. I decided that I would delete it for the present as I have other things to focus on. However, after deleting partitions and fixing my MBR to only boot windows my UEFI BIOS still has instances of Ubuntu as a...