Windows 10: Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

Discus and support Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My micromax canvas laptab 2 lt777w detachable laptop is not booting to windows nor showing any thing on screen, after powering on, screen stays black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Divas18, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Divas18 Win User

Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

My micromax canvas laptab 2 lt777w detachable laptop is not booting to windows nor showing any thing on screen, after powering on, screen stays black and never boots, I cannot even access uefi menu after pressing esc key

I was using dual boot: windows 10 and pheonix os before and i used to press esc key and then touch boot manager then i select pheonix os or windows10 from the list to boot the laptop. Uefi menu was accessible by esc key before but now no response is there.

This happened after i get into uefi menu by pressing esc key then i touched secure boot option and from then the laptop is not booting up please help me.

I think this is not a hardware issue.
    I tried connecting external keyboard and mouse to get into uefi menu, it didn't worked. I tried booting from live windows 10 usb but i wasn't able to boot from usb. I tried disconnecting screen wire, battery and then reconnecting but nothing worked

PLEASE HELP ME!!

please help, tell me what to do???

:)

Divas18, Oct 15, 2020

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 15, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 15, 2020
  4. CodeSh33p Win User

Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

Black Screen on Boot

My pc has dumped while working in Unity and won`t boot properly anymore. All it does is showing me a black screen with a loading circle followed by a complete black screen with nothing. I can`t even see the login screen. I tried various shortcuts and methods
    but nothing helped. Here are my observations and some information.

• I don`t have an onboard graphics card
    • I can boot up secure mode without a problem
    • I can boot into uefi without a problem
    • I can boot into windows repair screen and interact there without a problem
    • I can boot into grub from an linux dist on my usb Stick but when i trz to boot into linux the same problem occurres
    • it is possible though to boot into linux compatible version
    • Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B on black screen (nothing happened)

• Ctrl + Shift + ESC to open taskmanager on black screen(nothing happened)
    • i`ve tried uninstalling and installing a fresh version of my graphics card driver but the black screen is still apearing
    • i`ve checked whether my windows installation or my disk is damage but both are fine
    • i`ve tried to perform a clean boot but it is also not working
    • i`ve tried to repair windows with an windows image on my usb stick but it resulted in the same problem midway through it
    I thought my graphics card is broken but than again why is it booting into secure mode at all?

CodeSh33p, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot. - Similar Threads - Laptop booting BLACK

2. Black screen after trying to boot in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after trying to boot in bios: So i tried booting in bios by pressing del didn't work so i searched and someone said to run "msconfig" then go to boot tab after that select network under safeboot that apply ,click ok and restart. Now it powers on but no signal, any help would be appreciated....
  3. Black screen after trying to boot in bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after trying to boot in bios: So i tried booting in bios by pressing del didn't work so i searched and someone said to run "msconfig" then go to boot tab after that select network under safeboot that apply ,click ok and restart. Now it powers on but no signal, any help would be appreciated....
  4. Black screen after trying to boot in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen after enabling Secure Boot in the BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after enabling Secure Boot in the BIOS: Hi,I've recently been trying to play a game called Valorant again but the anti-cheat requires secure boot to be enabled for the new version of it. I have gone into the BIOS and enabled this however when I save my changes and exit the PC restarts and just goes straight to a...
  6. Black screen after enabling Secure Boot in the BIOS

Black screen after enabling Secure Boot in the BIOS: Hi,I've recently been trying to play a game called Valorant again but the anti-cheat requires secure boot to be enabled for the new version of it. I have gone into the BIOS and enabled this however when I save my changes and exit the PC restarts and just goes straight to a...
  7. Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.: My micromax canvas laptab 2 lt777w detachable laptop is not booting to windows nor showing any thing on screen, after powering on, screen stays black and never boots, I cannot even access uefi menu after pressing esc keyI was using dual boot: windows 10 and pheonix os before...
  8. Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.: My micromax canvas laptab 2 lt777w detachable laptop is not booting to windows nor showing any thing on screen, after powering on, screen stays black and never boots, I cannot even access uefi menu after pressing esc keyI was using dual boot: windows 10 and pheonix os before...
  9. Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi: I'm having trouble installing windows 10 on my new built. after asking a microsoft employee they told me to disable the secure boot. but for some reason there is no option for that, its either - Other OS - Windows UEFI mode what do i do? My mobo is a Asus Prime...