Windows 10: Laptop not booting up (no fan as well)

Discus and support Laptop not booting up (no fan as well) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, a sony vaio laptop from 2011 just stopped working. It was on sleep mode and I tried to open it but nothing happened. The fan, the monitor and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by svlassis, Sep 2, 2018.

1. svlassis Win User

Laptop not booting up (no fan as well)

Hello,
    a sony vaio laptop from 2011 just stopped working.
    It was on sleep mode and I tried to open it but nothing happened.
    The fan, the monitor and the hdd are not turning on.
    The cpu is working as it gets hot.
    The cdrom is also opening if pressed.
    I tried to connect to an external monitor but nothing.
    I get no sound verification.
    I Changed the ram to working ones with no result.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

:)

svlassis, Sep 2, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Cooling external Fan

Hi Paul,

For us to isolate the issue with your external fan, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried connecting other USB external devices to your laptop? If yes, what was the result?
    • Have you tried connecting your external fan to another computer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 2, 2018
  3. forumnovice Win User
    Install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition

Hi Krishna,

Really appreciate your advice! But, unfortunately, neither of your suggestions re shutdown worked for me.

In answer to your questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer? - Lenovo B570
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed? - all that I can find on the internet, eg stopping quick resume, powercfg, etc etc etc
    • What exactly happens when you try to shut down the laptop? - the power button light stays on, and the fan speed increases
    • How exactly are you trying to install Windows 7? - keep Windows 10, reinstall Windows 7 in a new partition for dual boot.

Note: I only have 1 hard disk in my laptop.

Thank you and any other expert will is willing to help out!

forumnovice, Sep 2, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop not booting up (no fan as well) - Similar Threads - Laptop booting fan

2. Well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Well: I just couldn't stand with never next to gaming. I'm looking forward to gaming on Windows 9 *Cool 1720
  3. Laptop fan not always turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan not always turning on: Hello, I am having an issue on my Inspiron 15 where my cooling fan doesnt always start up. For example, ill start up the laptop, and start web browsing or playing a game, and the fan will never turn on. I have had it overheat and shut off a few times. But if i restart the...
  4. Laptop Fan Running - Solved

Laptop Fan Running - Solved: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E420. Windows 10 has ran my fan almost constantly during the last year. This has stopped with the recent Windows 10 Creators Update!!! I'll put up with spending an hour restoring my custom settings on almost everything that a "Creators" update...
  5. Laptop fan suddenly loud

Laptop fan suddenly loud: The cpu usage is only high for a short timeafter boot, it is definetely not hot, randomly yesterday it just started to became loud (fairly new laptop) Asus x541u.When i shut down the pc the fan still goes for a bit,any ideas?(it’s not dust) 103801
  6. Case Fan rattles when I boot up

Case Fan rattles when I boot up: Hi, so whenever I boot up my PC, the fan next to the IO port rattles. I usually fix this by tapping the back of the case. Do I have to remount the fan or is there another way to fix it. I have an NZXT S340. Thanks 51716
  7. Laptop fan not spinning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop fan not spinning.: I have an Asus Rog G771JW laptop, I had it for almost 6 months now. Lately I have been noticing that when turned on it would make a loud scraping noise that would last ~10 seconds. But yesterday the fan completly stopped (from what I can hear) only the CPU fan is spinning...
  8. hp laptop booting up and freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hp laptop booting up and freezing: my WIN 10 HP laptop boots.up slowly, then will take me to my desktop. desktop icons load but Simple Sticky Notes which I have on my desktop do not load. Then.everything freezes. I do have a mouse cursor which moves freely but I can not click on anything. Keyboard is...
  9. Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop: Hi I have a Toshiba A300 Satelitte laptop. When I start this the fan runs for about 5 seconds and then stops. Subsequently it won't start again and the laptop gets very hot but doesn't shut down. So hot in fact it is not able to be handled. I am worried about a fire. Core...
  10. Laptop will not boot up after system reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop will not boot up after system reset: I wanted to reset my laptop back to factory settings then it was stuck at 99% for a couple hours so I decided to forcefully turn it off and back on again, now when I turn it back on it gets to the Windows logo and a loading symbol. This is on Windows 10, please help 56533