Windows 10: Laptop not booting up (no fan as well)

Discus and support Laptop not booting up (no fan as well) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, a sony vaio laptop from 2011 just stopped working. It was on sleep mode and I tried to open it but nothing happened. The fan, the monitor and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by svlassis, Sep 2, 2018.

1. svlassis Win User

Laptop not booting up (no fan as well)

Hello,
    a sony vaio laptop from 2011 just stopped working.
    It was on sleep mode and I tried to open it but nothing happened.
    The fan, the monitor and the hdd are not turning on.
    The cpu is working as it gets hot.
    The cdrom is also opening if pressed.
    I tried to connect to an external monitor but nothing.
    I get no sound verification.
    I Changed the ram to working ones with no result.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

:)

svlassis, Sep 2, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Cooling external Fan

Hi Paul,

For us to isolate the issue with your external fan, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried connecting other USB external devices to your laptop? If yes, what was the result?
    • Have you tried connecting your external fan to another computer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 2, 2018
  3. Install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition

Hi Krishna,

Really appreciate your advice! But, unfortunately, neither of your suggestions re shutdown worked for me.

In answer to your questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer? - Lenovo B570
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed? - all that I can find on the internet, eg stopping quick resume, powercfg, etc etc etc
    • What exactly happens when you try to shut down the laptop? - the power button light stays on, and the fan speed increases
    • How exactly are you trying to install Windows 7? - keep Windows 10, reinstall Windows 7 in a new partition for dual boot.

Note: I only have 1 hard disk in my laptop.

Thank you and any other expert will is willing to help out!

forumnovice, Sep 2, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop not booting up (no fan as well) - Similar Threads - Laptop booting fan

2. My laptop's fans suddenly increased as well as a massive drop in preformance.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's fans suddenly increased as well as a massive drop in preformance.: HelloI'm going to jump straight into the question. What has happened to my laptop all of a sudden? Yesterday, I was playing cyberpunk 2077 in the morning on my laptop with the charge on, background processes closed and no tabs open. The game was running at a smooth 60+ fps...
  3. My laptop's fans suddenly increased as well as a massive drop in preformance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop's fans suddenly increased as well as a massive drop in preformance.: HelloI'm going to jump straight into the question. What has happened to my laptop all of a sudden? Yesterday, I was playing cyberpunk 2077 in the morning on my laptop with the charge on, background processes closed and no tabs open. The game was running at a smooth 60+ fps...
  4. My laptop's fans suddenly increased as well as a massive drop in preformance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's fans spin up when idle: Why do my laptop's fans spin up after screen turns off when it goes idle? When woken up, it stabilizes in a few minutes and is silent again as if some service stopped and it cooled down.This was happening on all my windows laptops in the past, it's not exclusive to my latest...
  6. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's fans spin up when idle: Why do my laptop's fans spin up after screen turns off when it goes idle? When woken up, it stabilizes in a few minutes and is silent again as if some service stopped and it cooled down.This was happening on all my windows laptops in the past, it's not exclusive to my latest...
  7. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

8. Laptop fans

Laptop fans: Ive been using my laptop just for google docs and the fans are so loud, is there anyway I can turn them down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fans/fffc5228-ba0f-4e25-bfb1-b4af3920aabb
  9. Laptop fans reving up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop fans reving up?: Hello, so i started to notice that when playing a game, Beam NG drive to be specific, the loading times and preformance have dropped in random places and the fans would rev up to high speeds, dont know exactly what. Is this an OS issue? Specs Amd ryzen 3 Radeon vega graphics...
  10. Case Fan rattles when I boot up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Case Fan rattles when I boot up: Hi, so whenever I boot up my PC, the fan next to the IO port rattles. I usually fix this by tapping the back of the case. Do I have to remount the fan or is there another way to fix it. I have an NZXT S340. Thanks 51716