Windows 10: Laptop not Booting Up Properly

Discus and support Laptop not Booting Up Properly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, So last night i had to manually shut off my Dell G5 15 laptop because the game I was playing Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order wouldn't close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nexol13, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Nexol13 Win User

Laptop not Booting Up Properly

Hi all,

So last night i had to manually shut off my Dell G5 15 laptop because the game I was playing Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order wouldn't close out, even after I closed out of Steam. When I turned my laptop on this morning, Windows went through update and after it did the "Cleaning up" phase, the screen just kept doing the pinwheel and restarting every few seconds. It's starting the blue screen pinwheel over each time it blinks. Occasionally, I'll get a glimpse at my lock screen maybe once every ten or so minutes, so it's probably trying to go there and something's triggering a reset about once a second.

I managed to trigger Automatic Repair Mode and tried to see if it would find anything with Startup Repair, but it didn't. I also tried uninstalling the latest Windows Updates, but it ran into an error for both options before I could even proceed. I even went to try resetting my PC, but it says there isn’t enough room available on the C: drive for it to attempt it. When i finally got tired of this and went to try a system restore, it said that Windows had never made a system restore file for my laptop.

I’m genuinely at a loss for what to do here.

:)

Nexol13, Aug 2, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Aug 2, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Laptop not Booting Up Properly

HP Laptop doesn't boot properly How to Fix. Boot up properly.

I made a backup disc's of my HP Laptop, and it doesn't boot up properly, would using the [ Back Up Disc]? Please someone get back to me please.

SageKinkajou627, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Laptop not Booting Up Properly

1. Laptop not Booting Up Properly - Similar Threads - Laptop Booting Properly

2. Laptop not starting up properly or at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not starting up properly or at all: My laptop suddenly shut down and when I've been trying to reboot it it keeps saying it did not restart properly and trying to diagnose itself but it won't fix. I need it fixed asap due to a project I've been working on....
  3. Computer won't boot up properly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't boot up properly.: The pc itself will turn on fine, and the monitor turns on and everything. But once it gets to running windows, the screen turns black and the cursor gets a blue wheel. For some backstory: A couple days ago I deleted something from my computer, and it asked me if I wanted to...
  4. My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly: I own a Dell XPS13 with windows 10, and whenever I try to boot it up, I just get the black screen with the dell logo.I have to hold down the power button to shut off, then turn it on again. When I do this, I get the same black screen, but with a loading circle below it. Then...
  5. Laptop not starting up properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not starting up properly: Hi, this is Merwyn Joseph Alexander. I have just encountered an issue on my Dell Inspiron 15-3567. I am sending a screen shot please look into it[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-starting-up-properly/e43c0519-837d-452e-af89-ec2bbd62ffc9
  6. Laptop won't boot up properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't boot up properly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dave_dinkum598 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fofjz2/laptop_wont_boot_up_properly/
  7. HP Laptop doesn't boot properly How to Fix. Boot up properly.

HP Laptop doesn't boot properly How to Fix. Boot up properly.: I made a backup disc's of my HP Laptop, and it doesn't boot up properly, would using the [ Back Up Disc]? Please someone get back to me please....
  8. Laptop not booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not booting up: My HP laptop is not booting up. It shows me the manufacturer's logo and then all I have is a black screen What I think the reason is: Before this problem occurred, I had changed the Owner of my C: drive from TrustedInstaller to my own user account(which is an admin...
  9. My laptop wont boot up properly

My laptop wont boot up properly: Ever since a recent update that required me to restart my laptop/ideapad, i could not use my device properly, initially it had turned on but then it froze and i tried to turn it off then on again but it wouldn't work. I tried to repeat the process in order to try and launch...
  10. Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up: Hello everyone, Back in late November I updated my parents' computer to Windows 10 Home October 2018 update. A few months later, my parents told me they were having a re-occurring sound issue with the system. It started with the update, but they never bothered to tell me....