Windows 10: Laptop not booting up

Discus and support Laptop not booting up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HP laptop is not booting up. It shows me the manufacturer's logo and then all I have is a black screen What I think the reason is: Before this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adi55766, Apr 13, 2019.

1. adi55766 Win User

Laptop not booting up

My HP laptop is not booting up. It shows me the manufacturer's logo and then all I have is a black screen

What I think the reason is:

Before this problem occurred, I had changed the Owner of my C: drive from TrustedInstaller to my own user account(which is an admin account). I just did it out of curiosity of what could happen. After that I rebooted my laptop and all I got was a black screen after the manufacturer's logo.

What have I messed up?

I have tried restoring my laptop using the Windows Recovery environment but guess what...the last restore point is also showing an error that it has an issue with wdboot.sys file and thus cannot restore the PC.

I want to avoid resetting my PC.

Please help.

:)

adi55766, Apr 13, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 13, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Laptop not booting up

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Laptop not booting up

1. Laptop not booting up - Similar Threads - Laptop booting

2. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  3. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  6. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  7. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Laptop not booting when keyboard is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not booting when keyboard is plugged in.: I recently bought a new keyboard Red Gear MT01, my laptop Dell G15 55252 does not boot when this keyboard is plugged in any of the two USB portsboots if plugged in a third specific USB port in the laptop. Laptop boots if I unplug the keyboard if it's stuck.Always get stuck on...
  9. Laptop not booting when keyboard is plugged in.

Laptop not booting when keyboard is plugged in.: I recently bought a new keyboard Red Gear MT01, my laptop Dell G15 55252 does not boot when this keyboard is plugged in any of the two USB portsboots if plugged in a third specific USB port in the laptop. Laptop boots if I unplug the keyboard if it's stuck.Always get stuck on...
  10. Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...: Hello, my Windows 10 is stuck in boot loop, I have tried restarting many times and let it boot up for countless hours but nothing seems to work, is there any way I could resolve this issue without the need of seeking professional technical help? I have tried accessing the...