Windows 10: Laptop not charging

Discus and support Laptop not charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Something very weird is happening, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and it shows me that the battery is connected but is not charging. I know that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesSnow3, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Laptop not charging

Something very weird is happening, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and it shows me that the battery is connected but is not charging.

I know that is not a hardware problem because this is only happening with Windows 10, with Windows 7 it worked as it should.

Please help.

:)

JamesSnow3, Nov 14, 2018

2. PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING WINDOWS 10, ASUS LAPTOP

• hi sir/ ladies,

Recently my laptop stopped charging when the battery meter reach 74% (before it was 94% then it become 84% next is 81% and finally 74%), can anyone tell me how to fix it. i try different solution in internet such as STEP 1: device manager STEP 2: Battery STEP
      3: Uninstall 2nd option in battery STEP 4: Scan for hardware changes and so on BUT it also didn't fix the battery issues in my laptop.

thank you, sorry for my bad english.

P

microsoftineedhelp0911, Nov 15, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Laptop not charging

my laptop will not charge

Hi Alison,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your laptop?
    2. What is the operating system that you have installed on your laptop? (You can find the Edition and Version of the operating system that you have installed on your laptop by going to

this
      link).

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps.

Step 1: Press the 'Windows' key and the 'R' key at the same time from your keyboard and type 'Devmgmt.msc' without the
    quotes and hit Enter.

Step 2: You will see an entry called 'Batteries', so expand the Batteries entry and you will see the following two drivers under Batteries:

• Microsoft AC Adapter.
    • Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
    Step 3:
    Right click on Microsoft AC Adapter and click on
    Uninstall.

Step 4: Do the same for Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery (Right click and Uninstall).

Step 5: Restart the PC once for the drivers to automatically install.

Step 6: Once the PC is restarted, go to Device Manager again by following the
    Step 1.

Step 7: Right click on Microsoft AC Adapter and click on
    Update Driver Software and click on Search automatically for updated driver software.

Step 8: Do the same for Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    (Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click on
    Update Driver Software and click on Search automatically for updated driver software.)

Step 9: Once you have updated the battery drivers, restart the PC once and check if your laptop is charging.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Laptop not charging

1. Laptop not charging - Similar Threads - Laptop charging

2. my laptop turns off when its unplugged ,the moment i unplug it even if it have full charge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop turns off when its unplugged ,the moment i unplug it even if it have full charge...: it started recently, it is fully charged but i can't unplug it because it will completely shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-off-when-its-unplugged-the-moment/a3ee1ca8-9746-4760-ba48-8b034ef2b13d
  3. my laptop turns off when its unplugged ,the moment i unplug it even if it have full charge...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop turns off when its unplugged ,the moment i unplug it even if it have full charge...: it started recently, it is fully charged but i can't unplug it because it will completely shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-off-when-its-unplugged-the-moment/a3ee1ca8-9746-4760-ba48-8b034ef2b13d
  4. My laptop won't charge my phone via the usb-c port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't charge my phone via the usb-c port.: My laptop is about 4 years old and for quite a while I've been charging my phone via USB-C because it's quick, easy, and effective. But for the past couple of weeks my laptop has been very on and off when charging my phone. When I try to just normally charge my phone after...
  5. My laptop won't charge my phone via the usb-c port.

My laptop won't charge my phone via the usb-c port.: My laptop is about 4 years old and for quite a while I've been charging my phone via USB-C because it's quick, easy, and effective. But for the past couple of weeks my laptop has been very on and off when charging my phone. When I try to just normally charge my phone after...
  6. Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging: Hello,I have an issue with my PC running Windows 11. I notice a significant slowdown of the CPU, with lag and freeze, when the computer is charging. This happens even with the original charger a 45 Watt USB C type.As soon as I unplug the charger, the PC resumes functioning...
  7. Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging

Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging: Hello,I have an issue with my PC running Windows 11. I notice a significant slowdown of the CPU, with lag and freeze, when the computer is charging. This happens even with the original charger a 45 Watt USB C type.As soon as I unplug the charger, the PC resumes functioning...
  8. My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming: My Hp victus laptop gtx 1650 ryzen 5600h was working properly until recently it doesn't charge when I am playing games like valorant. It doesn't show any warnings either just the non charging while gaming problem. What do I do?...
  9. My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming

My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming: My Hp victus laptop gtx 1650 ryzen 5600h was working properly until recently it doesn't charge when I am playing games like valorant. It doesn't show any warnings either just the non charging while gaming problem. What do I do?...
  10. KB5035853 Has broken multi-monitor support and charging in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5035853 Has broken multi-monitor support and charging in my laptop: After KB5035853 was installed on my thinkpad x1 carbon gen 9 laptop, the charging stopped working and usb3 to hdmi support broke. I thought this was some hardware failure, but tried to revert the update first. Attempting to revert this update by windows restore bricked my...