Windows 10: Laptop not charging

Discus and support Laptop not charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Something very weird is happening, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and it shows me that the battery is connected but is not charging. I know that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesSnow3, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Laptop not charging

Something very weird is happening, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and it shows me that the battery is connected but is not charging.

I know that is not a hardware problem because this is only happening with Windows 10, with Windows 7 it worked as it should.

Please help.

:)

JamesSnow3, Nov 14, 2018

2. PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING WINDOWS 10, ASUS LAPTOP

• hi sir/ ladies,

Recently my laptop stopped charging when the battery meter reach 74% (before it was 94% then it become 84% next is 81% and finally 74%), can anyone tell me how to fix it. i try different solution in internet such as STEP 1: device manager STEP 2: Battery STEP
      3: Uninstall 2nd option in battery STEP 4: Scan for hardware changes and so on BUT it also didn't fix the battery issues in my laptop.

thank you, sorry for my bad english.

P

microsoftineedhelp0911, Nov 15, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Laptop not charging

my laptop will not charge

Hi Alison,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your laptop?
    2. What is the operating system that you have installed on your laptop? (You can find the Edition and Version of the operating system that you have installed on your laptop by going to

this
      link).

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps.

Step 1: Press the 'Windows' key and the 'R' key at the same time from your keyboard and type 'Devmgmt.msc' without the
    quotes and hit Enter.

Step 2: You will see an entry called 'Batteries', so expand the Batteries entry and you will see the following two drivers under Batteries:

• Microsoft AC Adapter.
    • Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
    Step 3:
    Right click on Microsoft AC Adapter and click on
    Uninstall.

Step 4: Do the same for Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery (Right click and Uninstall).

Step 5: Restart the PC once for the drivers to automatically install.

Step 6: Once the PC is restarted, go to Device Manager again by following the
    Step 1.

Step 7: Right click on Microsoft AC Adapter and click on
    Update Driver Software and click on Search automatically for updated driver software.

Step 8: Do the same for Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    (Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click on
    Update Driver Software and click on Search automatically for updated driver software.)

Step 9: Once you have updated the battery drivers, restart the PC once and check if your laptop is charging.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Laptop not charging

1. Laptop not charging - Similar Threads - Laptop charging

2. Problems regarding full charge capacity of battery after updating my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems regarding full charge capacity of battery after updating my laptop: Hi there, Someone please help me out.Recently i updated my laptop which i recive in windows update section. Before update i check my battery report through powercfg /batteryreport and it will show 53,880mWh and after update i checked report with same method it shows me...
  3. Acer Laptop Shutting down randomly and not charging fully 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer Laptop Shutting down randomly and not charging fully 100%: Hi. I would like to ask for your advice regarding my Acer laptop Aspire E 15 with built-in battery, Windows 10. It is shutting down randomly, without any notice even if the battery is not low/ critically low yet. It happened several times but I thought it wasn't a big deal so...
  4. File Explorer keeps opening new windows automatically if the laptop is charging Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer keeps opening new windows automatically if the laptop is charging Windows 10: The File Explorer automatically opens a default window upon startup and then keeps adding new windows every 5-10 mins if the power adapter is plugged in. This does not occur if I boot the laptop in safe mode. I have also tried changing the Autoplay settings and scanning...
  5. Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max

Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max: Hi. I have enabled all the power saving features, in the system settings, even in the Intel app. However, the charge only hold for 1h 30m max. Usually the charge must hold about 3-4 hours. I have the "Balanced" power scheme turned on, but I even tried "Energy saving" scheme,...
  6. Win10 Laptop stopped charging the battery. Suggested fixes applied but still not charging

Win10 Laptop stopped charging the battery. Suggested fixes applied but still not charging: Win10 Laptop battery stopped charging. This started several weeks ago and everythingI’ve tried hasn’t fix the issue permanently. I’ve searched the internet and tried everything I have found without success. That includes, Troubleshoot Battery NotCharging Issues, Reinstall...
  7. Windows 10 laptop not charging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 laptop not charging: For the past couple of days, my computer has gotten to about 55%, and then it would just stop charging. Today it stopped charging completely. No matter how low the battery gets it doesn't charge when I plug it in and it doesn't even say not charging, and having it plugged in...
  8. Laptop dies on full charge

Laptop dies on full charge: I have had my laptop for about 3 years now and it has to always stay on the charger because the second I unplug it, it dies immediately. It is probably a battery problem and I need to get a new laptop, but I have only had it for 3 years. What can I do to get more time out of...
  9. ASUS Q505U Laptop power and battery charging not working after Windows update

ASUS Q505U Laptop power and battery charging not working after Windows update: I have a 2018 ASUS model Q505U After Windows updated in Fall of 2020 my battery charging stopped working properly. 1 Under Settings Battery It will not allow me to turn on the battery saver mode. Battery Saver Mode is locked in OFF position 2 The battery icon at start...
  10. Monitor flickers while laptop is charging

Monitor flickers while laptop is charging: Hello! I have an Asus Rog GL552V since 2018. Because of the increasing amount of working time from home, last week I bought a new monitor and upgraded the laptop with extra 8gb of ram and a SSD. I kept my old HDD for storage and installed Windows 10 on the SSD. The only...