Windows 10: Laptop Not Charging

Discus and support Laptop Not Charging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop lasts about 2 hours on battery so i assume that battery is not totally dead but when i leave my laptop ideal for few days without using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ryan1991, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Ryan1991 Win User

Laptop Not Charging

My laptop lasts about 2 hours on battery so i assume that battery is not totally dead but when i leave my laptop ideal for few days without using it and then when i try to turn it on, the juice in battery is always gone. And it does not turn on when i connect the charger, even the charging indicator doesn't lights up on the laptop. I have noticed a tick tick sound coming from the laptop when i connect the charger. Although laptop does start showing charging sign and powers on after few hours or a day if you leave the charger on. So i am just wondering if someone has faced the same problem or knows why its happening with my laptop.

:)

Ryan1991, Jun 17, 2018

2. PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING WINDOWS 10, ASUS LAPTOP

• hi sir/ ladies,

Recently my laptop stopped charging when the battery meter reach 74% (before it was 94% then it become 84% next is 81% and finally 74%), can anyone tell me how to fix it. i try different solution in internet such as STEP 1: device manager STEP 2: Battery STEP
      3: Uninstall 2nd option in battery STEP 4: Scan for hardware changes and so on BUT it also didn't fix the battery issues in my laptop.

thank you, sorry for my bad english.

P

microsoftineedhelp0911, Jun 17, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 17, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

Laptop Not Charging

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Not Charging

1. Laptop Not Charging - Similar Threads - Laptop Charging

2. Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging: Hello,I have an issue with my PC running Windows 11. I notice a significant slowdown of the CPU, with lag and freeze, when the computer is charging. This happens even with the original charger a 45 Watt USB C type.As soon as I unplug the charger, the PC resumes functioning...
  3. Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop with windows 11 slow down while charging: Hello,I have an issue with my PC running Windows 11. I notice a significant slowdown of the CPU, with lag and freeze, when the computer is charging. This happens even with the original charger a 45 Watt USB C type.As soon as I unplug the charger, the PC resumes functioning...
  4. My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming: My Hp victus laptop gtx 1650 ryzen 5600h was working properly until recently it doesn't charge when I am playing games like valorant. It doesn't show any warnings either just the non charging while gaming problem. What do I do?...
  5. My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming

My laptop doesnt charge when i am gaming: My Hp victus laptop gtx 1650 ryzen 5600h was working properly until recently it doesn't charge when I am playing games like valorant. It doesn't show any warnings either just the non charging while gaming problem. What do I do?...
  6. KB5035853 Has broken multi-monitor support and charging in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5035853 Has broken multi-monitor support and charging in my laptop: After KB5035853 was installed on my thinkpad x1 carbon gen 9 laptop, the charging stopped working and usb3 to hdmi support broke. I thought this was some hardware failure, but tried to revert the update first. Attempting to revert this update by windows restore bricked my...
  7. KB5035853 Has broken multi-monitor support and charging in my laptop

KB5035853 Has broken multi-monitor support and charging in my laptop: After KB5035853 was installed on my thinkpad x1 carbon gen 9 laptop, the charging stopped working and usb3 to hdmi support broke. I thought this was some hardware failure, but tried to revert the update first. Attempting to revert this update by windows restore bricked my...
  8. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...
  9. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...
  10. Bluetooth Headphone Stutter when laptop is on charging

Bluetooth Headphone Stutter when laptop is on charging: Hi, I have been facing this problem for the past few days. Whenever I try to play something on my Bluetooth headphones, the sound stutters, sound gets consistently cut off, and then plays in an irregular faster speed. The problem goes away when I put away the laptop from...