Windows 10: Laptop not connecting/detecting Wi-Fi.

Discus and support Laptop not connecting/detecting Wi-Fi. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop was connected to my Wi-Fi. I'll call it X. I was watching YouTube when my Wi-Fi suddenly disconnected. I got the globe that says it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spdong, Oct 25, 2020.

1. /u/spdong Win User

Laptop not connecting/detecting Wi-Fi.

My laptop was connected to my Wi-Fi. I'll call it X. I was watching YouTube when my Wi-Fi suddenly disconnected. I got the globe that says it's disconnected. So I tried to connect back to it, and it said it couldn't connect.

Strangely enough, my phone was connected to Wi-Fi and worked perfectly fine. I thought my computer was having a problem, but then I noticed my phone was connected to a different Wi-Fi. I'll call this one Y.

So I checked my phone for X, the Wi-Fi my laptop is usually connected to, and found it. I then tried to connect to it, but it didn't work.

My phone can detect both Wi-Fi X and Y, but my laptop can only detect Wi-Fi X which suddenly stopped working.

I need to either find a way for Wi-Fi X to work, or a way for my laptop to detect Wi-Fi Y.

I'm currently typing this on my computer because I've connected to my phone's hotspot. (Band 2.4 GHz).

If I could get any help I'd appreciate that a lot.

submitted by /u/spdong
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spdong, Oct 25, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Laptop cannot detect Wi-fi connections

Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing problems with connecting to the Wi-Fi. My laptop used to be able to connect to the Wi-Fi, then it just stopped. It just cannot detect any Wi-Fi connections. I have updated my Wi-Fi adapter to the latest version, but nothing happens,
    I even tried re-installing older versions of the adapter, but still nothing happens. I have ran all kinds of troubleshoots but I keep getting the same result, " Problem with the wireless adapter or access point Not Fixed." All my other devices, my phone and
    iPad detect and connect effortlessly to Wi-Fi connections. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, I had the problems before the upgrade, and they still persist even now.

Please help.

Asabonga Ngcibi, Oct 25, 2020
  4. allant51 Win User

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop not connecting/detecting Wi-Fi. - Similar Threads - Laptop connecting detecting

2. Wi-Fi receiver not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi receiver not detected: I have recently bought a new Wi-Fi dongle/adapter, but when I connected it to my pc.It doesn't show up. When I checked device manager, It shows 'unknown device' and when I saw it properties and then in details it shows this in Hardware ids: ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33A0 ACPI\INT33A0...
  3. Wi-Fi receiver not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi receiver not detected: I have recently bought a new Wi-Fi dongle/adapter, but when I connected it to my pc.It doesn't show up. When I checked device manager, It shows 'unknown device' and when I saw it properties and then in details it shows this in Hardware ids: ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33A0 ACPI\INT33A0...
  4. cant detect xfinity Wi-Fi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant detect xfinity Wi-Fi connection: why cant my laptop detect xfinity Wi-Fi connection? my cell phone, computer, tablet and other laptop finds xfinity Wi-Fi when it scans for it but not this hp laptop. help please...
  5. cant detect xfinity Wi-Fi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant detect xfinity Wi-Fi connection: why cant my laptop detect xfinity Wi-Fi connection? my cell phone, computer, tablet and other laptop finds xfinity Wi-Fi when it scans for it but not this hp laptop. help please...
  6. Laptop Suddenly Couldn't Detect Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop Suddenly Couldn't Detect Wi-Fi: Hi.I was wondering if anybody could help me fix my laptop's problem of connecting to Wi-Fi. Earlier today, it still was connected. After about an hour, it suddenly got disconnected, and I saw that it couldn't detect any Wi-Fi connection.Recently, my laptop underwent Windows...
  7. WI FI not Detected or Cant connect to WI FI

WI FI not Detected or Cant connect to WI FI: hi im sorry if my english are bad its not my first languageso recently i have this problem with my home wifi where if im conneted to my home wifi it disconneted by it self when i try to use it or its not detected by my laptop at all.t his only happen with my home wifi i can...
  8. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  9. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...
  10. Home Wi-fi not detected

Home Wi-fi not detected: After update version 1803, my laptop sometimes fail to detect the home Wi-fi though other networks are detected. Further even after connected to this network I lose connection without any reason. The detection problem is resolved temporarily after I "Restart" the laptop....