Windows 10: Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on

Discus and support Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It is running windows 10, and is a lenovo ideapad330. When i am connected to a wifi connection and close my laptop, turn it off, or it goes to sleep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dad97, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Dad97 Win User

Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on

It is running windows 10, and is a lenovo ideapad330.

When i am connected to a wifi connection and close my laptop, turn it off, or it goes to sleep, once it is turned back on, it won't connect to the same wifi connection that it was previously connected to. I am unsure if it will connect to a different connection.

Stuff that i have tried so far is: running the troubleshooter, turning the laptop off and back on, disconnecting and forgetting the wifi connection, but none of it works.
    The only solution i have found so far is turning the router off and on, but i can't be doing that at work every time my laptop goes to sleep.

If there is anyone who knows a fix for this, or something that i could try, i ask for your help.

:)

Dad97, Oct 2, 2018
  2. quasar923 Win User

internet connection problem- help

my internet connection suddenly failed about 2 days ago. we had to power cycyle the the router and modem. the other computers on the same router network were able to connect. my computer upstairs still had the same problem. i am using my laptop now with the same eathernet connection my computer that doesnt get a connection with and the internet works fine on the laptop. it just randomly stoped working and idk what to do now. the cable is fine because i am able to use the laptop on it and the laptop doesnt get wireless so i know its not the cable. my computer is in the system specs. ive tried setting defualts in bios and that doesnt work either. ive turned my firewall off and that doesnt help either. any suggestions?

quasar923, Oct 2, 2018
  3. akhlaq768 Win User
    Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Oct 2, 2018
  4. akhlaq768 Win User

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

I thought of that the other day... enter the same detail into the laptop... but no luck mate...

this laptop was connected to the internet via the wireless router... but the router died on me.. now im using the cable...

akhlaq768, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on - Similar Threads - Laptop connecting internet

2. If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...: If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be able to use the find my device feature to to find it...
  3. If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...: If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be able to use the find my device feature to to find it...
  4. If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off: So,I have my laptop with a 2nd monitor, is there a way to set my 2nd monitor to turn off or on when the laptop turns off or on,basically, when I start turning on my laptop, my other 2nd monitor stays off, is there a way to make it turn on when I start my laptop, same with the...
  6. Turn Off Laptop Display When Connected to Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn Off Laptop Display When Connected to Two Monitors: Can anyone confirm if it's possible to tell Windows to turn off the laptop display when it's connected to two external monitors (with the monitors setup in extend mode)? I know this is possible when using one monitor but I can't find any confirmation of this working with two...
  7. Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on: If left idle, my laptop’s display will sometimes turn off after which I cannot turn it back on. It doesn’t seem to be sleeping based on the indicator light on the side, and the only thing I can do is force shut it down by holding the power button. If I manually close my...
  8. Internet connection keeps turning itself off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection keeps turning itself off?: I run several PC's in my home.a desktop and 3 laptops all running Windows 10 1909 fully updated. My internet for these is run from a router connected to my desktop PC and wirelessly to all 3 laptops (Via Sky). The desktop and 2 laptops run without a problem, but the 3rd...
  9. Internet does not remain connected when computer turned off or sleeping

Internet does not remain connected when computer turned off or sleeping: I got a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad S540 a couple months ago. Since getting it, I have had to reconnect to the internet every single time I go to use the laptop, whether it has just been sleeping or fully turned off. I read that this might be related to an issue with Windows...
  10. Internet connection turns off every day

Internet connection turns off every day: Every day my internet stops working for Internet explorer and Chrome. Firefox works fine because I have it set to auto-detect settings. To fix this, I have to first click win+R, and then type "regedit" and open. Then go here -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do when laptop internet is turned off