Windows 10: Laptop not detecting external monitor

Discus and support Laptop not detecting external monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MisterTFU, Jul 20, 2022.

1. MisterTFU Win User

Laptop not detecting external monitor

I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just wasn't detected anymore.I Updated windows and reinstalled the Geforce driver multiple times without success.The laptop is still not detecting any monitors via the Hdmi-port.

:)

MisterTFU, Jul 20, 2022

2. Laptop can't detect external monitor

Sorry for the late response, but if I do not have another PC, is the only option to wait to get the new updates and within those new updates, my laptop will be able to detect my external monitor.

It might sound rude and if so I'm sorry because you're the expert here and I barely know anything about computers but my external monitor worked perfectly until I rested my laptop. Do you think it has something to do with that because if the version 1803
    made my laptop unable to detect my external monitor, shouldn't my monitor not work from the beginning, before I rested my laptop but now it did. Only after the reset made it so my laptop was unable to detect my external monitor.

So do you think the reset maybe deleted some files so that my laptop no longer is able to detect my monitor?

JonathanNguyen4, Jul 20, 2022
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Laptop won't detect external monitor

Hi,

For us to get a better understanding of the issue and provide a resolution suitable to your concern, kindly provide the following information:

• Before you click the the detect button on Display settings, do you have multiple display option on
      extended?
    • Can you lower down the resolution option and check if your external monitor will be detected by the laptop?

Tip: To change the projection settings, you can press and hold
    Windows key button + P.

Looking forward to your reply.

Jan Del, Jul 20, 2022
  4. Laptop not detecting external monitor

External Monitor not detected

I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?

DaveMichaelson, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

Laptop not detecting external monitor

1. Laptop not detecting external monitor - Similar Threads - Laptop detecting external

2. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  3. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  4. External LG monitor not being detected by laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External LG monitor not being detected by laptop: Hello, I am having a very weird issue with external monitor LG 24gn600-BThe monitor was tested with my laptop and a PC - it didn't work. I decided to visit a store because I wanted to refund it. An employee connected the monitor with HDMI to random laptop and it worked. Now I...
  5. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  6. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not detected: I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor. I've Googled this...
  7. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    External monitor not detected: I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor. I've Googled this...
  8. External Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor not detected: I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?...
  9. External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop: After installing Technical Preview my Acer monitor is not detected when plugged in by VGA to Lenovo G500 laptop. This works on the 7 Dual Boot. I only see one Generic Monitor detected in Dev Mgr. All Devices were issued drivers at install. 2323
  10. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not detected: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop Yoga 2 11. I was running windows 8 with an external HDMI monitor in the office. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I plug and unplug the external monitor and it is not detected by the operating system, only one display is shown- However if I run the...