Windows 10: laptop not detecting headset microphone

Discus and support laptop not detecting headset microphone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but my mic is not detected and it is still using my default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZuvoTheBest, Aug 2, 2019.

1. laptop not detecting headset microphone

I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but
    my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone.

I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none.
    I've re-installed my Realtek HD Audio driver.

But nothing seems to work.

What should I do to fix this?

:)

ZuvoTheBest, Aug 2, 2019

2. My headset microphone is not detected.

Yesterday I ordered a logitech G231 headset because my razer kraken pro neon green was ripping off and the microphone wasn't detected for a reason. So how it all happened that my headset mics wont work on my laptop is because once when I all time plugged
    my headset it took while till it was connected than I could hear everything in it. So once I just resetted my audio settings than no sound and things were there. Later I downloaded realtek and than speakers were installed and when I plugged my headset in than
    no headset was detected but I could find it as speakers but that is no problem. But the problem is that it didn't detect any headset microphone but it used my laptop microphone which is kinda awkward since I game with my friends and they could hear background
    noises. So I am really pissed off since my laptop won't detect any headset microphone, I also connected the 2 plugs for headphone and microphone and it still didn't recognize it. Now I disabled the realtek audio and now I haven't anything to hear sound. What
    I want is a perfect solution that my laptop would detect my headset and the microphone and when I look at device manager the headset isn't even there I also tried restarting my laptop still not recognized. Can someone help me please?!

YIGIDOBK58, Aug 2, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Headset microphone not being detected in recording devices

We appreciate the information you provided. We'd like to clarify a few more points:

• What kind of other devices did you test your headset and microphone on? Specifically, did you test it with other laptops, desktop computers, or mobile devices?
    • Since your microphone is connected to your headset, does your headset have only one audio jack or does it have two separate jacks, one for audio and one for the microphone?
    • What type of audio port is on your laptop? Some laptops only support headsets, as evidenced by a headset icon (without a microphone) near the audio port. Older devices usually have separate ports in pink and green for audio and microphone. Newer devices
      have hybrid ports, which have both the headset and microphone icons near it.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 2, 2019
  4. Windbrand Win User

laptop not detecting headset microphone

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

laptop not detecting headset microphone

1. laptop not detecting headset microphone - Similar Threads - laptop detecting headset

2. Laptop not detecting headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting headset microphone.: Recently, I bought a headset with a microphone attached for use when chatting with friends, the headphones are detected by my laptop and work perfectly fine however, the microphone doesn't work and isn't detected at all, i have followed all the steps I could find to try...
  3. Laptop not detecting headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not detecting headset microphone.: Recently, I bought a headset with a microphone attached for use when chatting with friends, the headphones are detected by my laptop and work perfectly fine however, the microphone doesn't work and isn't detected at all, i have followed all the steps I could find to try...
  4. Microphone of headset not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone of headset not detected: Hi, Sorry to take your time but I have a problem since a couple days...With my headset which worked for more than 3 years, I can hear everything but my microphone is not detected.And the problem is that the only microphone that is detected is the Webcam one which is really...
  5. Headset microphone not detected

Headset microphone not detected: When I have my headset plugged in I want to use my headset microphone however my laptop always uses the built-in microphone instead. The sound comes out of the headset just fine so it is definitely connected. I have looked online and no other similar cases have helped me. The...
  6. Laptop doesn't detect headset microphone.

Laptop doesn't detect headset microphone.: Hey! I am using an Acer Aspire 7 - A715 - 41G - R300. When I try to plug in my Razer Kraken 2019 has a TRRS plug, the laptop only detects the headsetnot the microphone. I have tried reinstalling drivers, updating them, running troubleshoots, but nothing has worked. The...
  7. laptop not detecting headset microphone

laptop not detecting headset microphone: I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone. I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none. I've re-installed my Realtek HD...
  8. Headset Microphone not detected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not detected.: My microphone headset is not being picked up by my laptop, audio comes through the headphones, but can't speak through the microphone. When I troubleshoot it says headphone jack not plugged in when it is. The headset and microphone have no problem on other devices, Xbox and...
  9. Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset": So i'm using Windows 10 1909, My Laptop is HP Laptop 15s-eq0xxx, have only one jack. I have a Condenser microphone which i can use with XLR to 3.5mm Jack. My old laptop has no problem with it, when i plug the jack its ask What is this device is and automatically i can use as...
  10. laptop not detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not detecting headset microphone: I just recently got a new asus laptop that runs windows 10 but it doesn't detect my headset microphone. I tried fixing it in sound manager and in the control panel, it just doesn't work. I only see two mic options when I try to change the input they are both the realtek ones....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ideapad s340 not detecting razer headset microphone

2. headset microphone not detected

3. pc doesnt detect microphone on jack headset

4. lenovo not detecting microphone,
  5. hyperx earbuds not detected,
  6. headset not detecting on laptop,
  7. why in my laptop no audio written recording,
  8. windows cant detect microphone on headset laptop,
  9. microphone not recognized windows 10 laptop,
  10. headset microphone not detecting