Windows 10: Laptop not detecting Wifi options

Discus and support Laptop not detecting Wifi options in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my laptop has suddenly stopped detecting my wifi. When I click on the globe symbol to connect to wifi it doesn’t detect anything. It is neither... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AdityaChoudhary1, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Laptop not detecting Wifi options

my laptop has suddenly stopped detecting my wifi. When I click on the globe symbol to connect to wifi it doesn’t detect anything. It is neither detecting my broadband wifi nor is detecting my hotspot from my phone. I tried the AI support on HP and have done everything it said me to do but nothing worked. I also installed network adaptors from HP website but it also didn’t help. Also my Microsoft edge has also stopped working, it opens but doesn’t do anything else and doesn’t close down when I click on the close button as well. Also when I am connecting my laptop to internet through LAN cable other windows app are unable to use the LAN it still says you need to connect to internet. For example I tried to “update the threat definitions” on “Windows Security” but it said you need to connect to internet even though it was connected through LAN and Chrome was able to connect and open web pages. I went to Control Panel > network and Internet > Network connections and tried the troubleshoot and it said something like “Windows Wireless Service is not working” or something along the line and that is why I thought of contacting you. Can you please help me?

:)

AdityaChoudhary1, Mar 6, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 6, 2020
  3. My laptop can't detect WiFi connections

I have a Lenovo G510 running on windows 8.1. My laptop can't detect WiFi even though there are several in my place. My other devices can connect to the WiFi but my laptop can't even detect it.

I ran a troubleshoot through the options in Control Panel and it said that it was resetting something, probably whatever the quirk in my PC that was responsible for receiving wifi signals. It worked but the connection only lasted for minutes and then my
    PC could not detect WiFi again.

I ran the troubleshooter again and then my WiFi options just disappeared. The setting only showed options and settings of Ethernet connection & bluetooth but no sign of WiFi.

AthaliahVivo, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Laptop not detecting Wifi options

Everything detects+connects to everything including Home Laptop and Home WIFI except Home Laptop to Home WIFI

SOLVED:

• Home WIFI is set to Channel 4 and has over 90% signal.
    • Neighbour WIFI is set to Channel 4 and has over 90% signal.
    • I set Home WIFI to Channel 1 - it was set to Auto
    • Home Laptop detects Home WIFI 5 times after I switch Router off and on - it used to not detect after 1-2 switches.
    • Home Laptop connects to Home WIFI in less than 2 seconds - it used to take more than 10 seconds.

Problem:

• Home Laptop doesn't detect Home WIFI except sometimes

Exception:

• Sometimes Home Laptop detects and connects to Home WIFI
      successfully + internet works great like when I posted this question. Generally it happens after
      turning Home Router off and on.

Mission:

• To make Home Laptop detect Home WIFI

WIFI detection:

• Everything detects Home WIFI except Home Laptop
    • Home Laptop detects Every WIFI except Home WIFI
    • Home Laptop detects Home WIFI on Neighbour Cable Line
    • Home Laptop doesn't detect Neighbour WIFI on Home Cable Line

Info:

• Router: Nokia G-140w-G
    • WIFI Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter

Tried:

• Windows Update - up to date: 24.11.2019
    • Windows Reset including deleting files
    • Network Reset + Windows Restart
    • Router Reset
    • Router Unplug everything for more than a minute
    • WIFI Adapter Driver Update - "Windows has determined that the best
      driver for this device is already installed"
    • WIFI Adapter Drivers Replacement - 3 replaced
    • WIFI Adapter enable/disable
    • Mobile Hot Spot - doesn't detect

Ziya Ceferov, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Laptop not detecting Wifi options

1. Laptop not detecting Wifi options - Similar Threads - Laptop detecting Wifi

2. My laptop is not detecting wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not detecting wifi: My hp stream laptop stopped detecting with so I did a complete reset and now I'm stuck on the let's connect you to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-detecting-wifi/5541faf7-5b87-4ea7-90c1-e7c06534b94f
  3. My laptop is not detecting wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not detecting wifi: My hp stream laptop stopped detecting with so I did a complete reset and now I'm stuck on the let's connect you to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-detecting-wifi/5541faf7-5b87-4ea7-90c1-e7c06534b94f
  4. My laptop is not detecting wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop detect wifi anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop detect wifi anymore: My laptop doesn't detect any wifi anymore. I don't really have much knowledge in computers/laptops/tech stuff. I was told by a friend that my laptop a bit old model already (Asus X441SA). So I tried updating the drivers but nothing happened. I also bought a wifi dongle (I...
  6. No Wifi Option in my laptop

No Wifi Option in my laptop: Suddenly my system not showing WiFi option [Lenovo windows 10] Please help me Deiva https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-option-in-my-laptop/ae60d2a9-f1da-45c8-b8d3-992c7f1a5680
  7. There is no wifi option in my laptop

There is no wifi option in my laptop: Please read my whole problem.... Hello! My name is Bhupendra. Few days before my laptop was working properly, it was connecting to wifi or internet. Everything was good, but day before yesterday the wifi option suddenly vanished from the taskbar and from the settings and...
  8. No WiFi connections detected on laptop

No WiFi connections detected on laptop: Hi, I am just having some trouble with my laptop, because when I open the network bar, it shows no Wi-Fi networks show at all, I can't even turn off or on the Wi-Fi, it is frustrating me quite a lot. Here are my specs: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz...
  9. Laptop not detecting wifi

Laptop not detecting wifi: My laptop is not detecting wifi signal of any of the broadband but if I create a hotspot network through mobile then it detects that.. Does this means that it is not detecting signal of a particular band or vice-versa.....
  10. laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times

laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times: My laptop has been running windows 10 very well for the past month. About 2 weeks ago my computer stop detecting wifi devices. just last week my computer has decided to stop detecting ethernet at random times. sometimes it lasts for 15 min. sometimes it lasts for hours. I do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop is nor detecting wifi