Windows 10: Laptop not displaying "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I plug in the charger and unplug it.

Discus and support Laptop not displaying "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I plug in the charger and unplug it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This started a few days ago I believe. Basically, my ASUS TUF FX504 gaming laptop doesn't show the "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I unplug / plug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xLouisaJonesx, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Laptop not displaying "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I plug in the charger and unplug it.

This started a few days ago I believe. Basically, my ASUS TUF FX504 gaming laptop doesn't show the "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I unplug / plug in the charger anymore. I haven't done anything differently as far as I'm aware... Does anyone know how to get the popup to start appearing again??

:)

xLouisaJonesx, Aug 12, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Aug 12, 2021
  3. KarinaNPF Win User
    Laptop battery "Plugged in but not charging"

Hi, I have a Lenovo Yoga 500 and I started having problems with my charger not charging my laptop. I replaced the charger but the problem persisted. Now my laptop only runs when plugged in and the battery icon always displays "Plugged in not charging".
    When I click to expand the battery info, it says that the battery is 100% charged. However, as soon as I unplug the charger, the laptop shuts down.

KarinaNPF, Aug 12, 2021
  4. ozan0053 Win User

Laptop not displaying "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I plug in the charger and unplug it.

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Laptop not displaying "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I plug in the charger and unplug it.

1. Laptop not displaying "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I plug in the charger and unplug it. - Similar Threads - Laptop displaying Plugged

2. Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger: Hi people, I got this problem with my MSI Katana Gf66, I'm using Windows 11 btw, I don't know why, but my laptop screen keeps turning black when I am plug and unplug my charger, it's new laptop, just been using it for 1 week, all driver were updated, bios also updated, been...
  3. Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger: Hi people, I got this problem with my MSI Katana Gf66, I'm using Windows 11 btw, I don't know why, but my laptop screen keeps turning black when I am plug and unplug my charger, it's new laptop, just been using it for 1 week, all driver were updated, bios also updated, been...
  4. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  5. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  6. Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.: What should I do? My laptop freezes ever second when charger is not plugged in. I am using Lenovo E4430 i7 8gb ram 128ssd NVIDIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezes-when-charger-is-not-plugged-in/8581f8eb-b1ba-4b18-b34a-93d10dfa885a
  7. Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in: Hello, I've been having issues with my laptop. Whenever I'm doing something like playing a videogame or watching videos, and I unplug my laptop charger while doing it, it begins to lag heavily. I've tried going into power options and changing my Intel Graphic settings, but...
  8. Display changes refresh rate when plugging/unplugging the charger

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display changes refresh rate when plugging/unplugging the charger: I have a Lenovo thinkpad X250 and a thinkpad T440s, and they both change from 60Hz to 50Hz when I’m unplugging the charger and that wouldn’t be a problem except for the fact that it makes the display flash off for a couple of seconds. The same thing happens when I plug in the...
  9. When I plug in charger, laptop doesn't "show" charging. With battery out and plugged-in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I plug in charger, laptop doesn't "show" charging. With battery out and plugged-in...: I've tried reinstalling the battery driver thrice. Figured if the port was busted, laptop shouldn't power on with power cable alone. If you're tech minded, please share your thoughts with me. Thanks man. submitted by /u/fresh_temperature [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing: Hi, I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when i plugged in...