Windows 10: Laptop not entering suspend mode

Discus and support Laptop not entering suspend mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new Dell Latitude 5401 laptop with an i7 processor running Windows 10. I've found that using its suspend mode does not work properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by OxDoc, Jul 19, 2020.

1. OxDoc Win User

Laptop not entering suspend mode

Hello, I have a new Dell Latitude 5401 laptop with an i7 processor running Windows 10. I've found that using its suspend mode does not work properly when the power adaptor is plugged in - it seems to stay hot with the fan running for at least many minutes on a large fraction of occasions.

I've installed the latest Windows and Dell updates, tried disabling all non-Microsoft services in System Configuration/Services and Task Manager/Startup, using the "balanced" rather than "Dell" power options settings, and disabled "Allow network connectivity during connected standby..." in the local group policy editor in case it was a network connection that was keeping the computer awake, but these didn't fix it. The output of "powercfg" and the system logs from Event Viewer don't seem to indicate that there is a process causing the system to wake - the logs do include events saying the computer entered or exited standby under source "Kernel-Power".

Does anyone have have an idea of how to fix this?

:)

OxDoc, Jul 19, 2020

2. Laptop does not enter sleep mode

Hi,

My laptop is fully updated and running on windows 10. Recently my laptop does not enter sleep mode after the set time it is supposed to enter sleep mode, also the laptop starts up automatically when in sleep mode with the lid closed.

Do any of you have any idea what the cause might be and how to fix this problem?

I ran a power efficiency diagnostics report with the following errors:

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesLaptop not entering suspend mode :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend

System Availability Requests:System Required Request

Are any of these errors preventing my laptop from entering sleep mode?

Thanks in advanced for your help and advice.

Chris

Christophpher, Jul 19, 2020
  3. andele Win User
    Set Core/Mem Settings after return from suspend mode

Hello,

thanks for this great Tool. There is one more suggestion:

If the system returns from suspend mode, the Core/Mem settings are not set by the AtiTool. So you have to set the frequencies manually every time. It would be great to have an option like for the system reboot, that AtiTool sets the frequencies to a given value.

An alternative would be if the frequencies could be set by command line parameters, so I could launch AtiTool after return from suspend automatically.

To react after return from suspend you could implement a handler for the WM_POWERBROADCAST message and test wparam for PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND.

Thanks

André

andele, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Guru-# Win User

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop not entering suspend mode - Similar Threads - Laptop entering suspend

2. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  3. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  4. Laptop enters hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop enters hibernation mode: My laptop enters hibernation mode after some time of sleep. I want to have hibernation mode available in shutdown option from Start menu, but I don't want to it enters hibernation mode after maybe 10 to 60 minutes after I close laptop. How could I prevent it from...
  5. Laptop enters hibernation mode

Laptop enters hibernation mode: My laptop enters hibernation mode after some time of sleep. I want to have hibernation mode available in shutdown option from Start menu, but I don't want to it enters hibernation mode after maybe 10 to 60 minutes after I close laptop. How could I prevent it from...
  6. Logging suspended or hibernated mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging suspended or hibernated mode: Is there a way, on the Event Viewer , to see when a PC has entered automatically or manually Suspended Mode or Hibernated Mode ? and when it has come out of it ?Is there a way to check these events on the Event Viewer or another kind of log ?...
  7. Logging suspended or hibernated mode

Logging suspended or hibernated mode: Is there a way, on the Event Viewer , to see when a PC has entered automatically or manually Suspended Mode or Hibernated Mode ? and when it has come out of it ?Is there a way to check these events on the Event Viewer or another kind of log ?...
  8. Everything is starting in suspended mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything is starting in suspended mode: Hi, Most programs i am trying to start on my PC are launching suspended as shown in my task manager which means they are not opening. This all happened after my PC blue screened and the drive letters changed for my 2 SSD's except C Drive. One apps that are on the startup...
  9. Configure suspend mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configure suspend mode: How could I configure my Windows 10 PC so that it is not placed in suspension mode more and more since it is annoying that it is doing anything in it and going to suspend mode without prior notice. Please help me....
  10. Windows 10 suspended mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 suspended mode: Hi, i just upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 and i am having probem with the switch off and suspend. When i close the cover the Windows should suspend and when i open it turn the computer on but waht happen is i close the cover and the computer won´t fully suspend i can still...