Windows 10: Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

Discus and support Laptop not going into sleep mode at times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rubert Mumps, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to simply going to sleep.

Tonight I put the computer to sleep with the shortcut on my Taskbar. When I came in about 2 hours later, I noticed it hadn't shut down at all but the screen was black with the fan going at a fair good speed.

Obviously, I've got issues somewhere but googling the problem, I can come up with no solution. Anyone on here have an idea what might be causing this and how to overcome it? I am using Windows 10 on an ASUS.

:)

Rubert Mumps, Oct 22, 2018

2. Computer will not go into sleep mode automatically at the appropriate time interval

I just re-installed windows 10 and now my computer will not go into sleep mode automatically at the appropriate time interval. Any suggestions?

Original subject: Sleep Mode

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

BillEvans1, Oct 22, 2018
  3. John Ado Win User
    Laptop not going to sleep mode

Hi Hrishav,

We want to learn more about your concern. Help us verify the following:

• Does it happen right after the clean installation? If not, what changes were made to your system that might have cause the issue?
    • When did you do the clean installation?
    • Did you reset from factory defaults, or used an installation media or bootable USB?

If you haven't installed a lot of apps yet, you may try to do a reset that lets you keep your personal files. In
    Settings, go to Update & security > Recovery
    > Reset this PC. Select Keep my files. Otherwise, you may try to manual change your sleep settings, follow this

thread
    for reference. It's a bit old but the steps are the same.

We look forward to your response.

John Ado, Oct 22, 2018
  4. davidg41 Win User

Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

cannot go into sleep mode

Many thanks for the info. Tried the suggestion and it worked ok for the first couple of shut downs, but after that the computer reverted back to the fault ie could not go to sleep mode, and have to cold start each time switched on. Grateful for any other
    suggestions. Again many thanks.

daveg

davidg41, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

1. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times - Similar Threads - Laptop going sleep

2. Computer will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not go into sleep mode: Please Help!!! My HP All In One 24-f0xx will not go into sleep mode by itself. The hard drive keeps running. If you select power then sleep that function works. I have updated all the drivers and changed the sleep mode option No Help. I have also ran SFC no issues found. In...
  3. Laptop going on sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop going on sleep mode randomly: So, I’ve got an acer nitro 5 (i5 9th, 16gb ram, 128gb ssd + 1tb, gtx 1650) and recently it goes into sleeping mode on its own, when I’m using it. It doesn’t happen all the time, like once every two days but it’s still annoying. Sometimes it happens while I’m gaming. I don’t...
  4. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  5. Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode

Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode: In control panel, everything is set to sleep. The power button, sleep button or when I close the laptop, it is set to "sleep". Everything works fine but the power button. Fn + F4 buttons is set as the "sleep button" and it works every time I do it, also closing the laptop...
  6. Monitor will not go to sleep mode

Monitor will not go to sleep mode: pc will not go into sleep mode. get message "input signal not found. check video cable and video source." how correct problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-will-not-go-to-sleep-mode/e39ea554-f741-4167-8c20-1d7e9313ef9f
  7. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341
  8. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  9. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  10. Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in

Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in: I have exactly the same problem as in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-locking-going-to-sleep-when-charging/e0600313-6720-4ee5-82e7-07a38b4fae8d However the replies couldn't solve my problem, so I decided to ask the question...