Windows 10: Laptop not going into sleep mode properly and then restarting. And sometimes taking up to 1...

Discus and support Laptop not going into sleep mode properly and then restarting. And sometimes taking up to 1... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having some issues with my Toshiba Tecra Z40 - A -119, I bought it refurbished with Windows 10, I had to send it at first as it had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Charlie's random mixups, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Laptop not going into sleep mode properly and then restarting. And sometimes taking up to 1...

Hi, I have been having some issues with my Toshiba Tecra Z40 - A -119, I bought it refurbished with Windows 10, I had to send it at first as it had a charging issue when I upgraded it from 1809 to 1903, (And it was working at first and hen i have started to encounter the problems below.)

When I put the laptop on to sleep it sometimes goes to sleep without any problem however sometimes it does not go to sleep but the screen turns off but the laptop stays on and even if it tap the keyboard the screen does not turn on and then after a while the laptop restarts (Still with the screen off) and then the screen turns on when the laptop turns back on. I think that it is the laptop restarting however i am not completely sure.

The second problem i have is it sometimes taking forever to shut down most of the time it shuts down without an issue however sometimes it takes up to a hour to shut down. I just end up hard shutting it down.

I am sure that it is a Windows 10 problem as their is still SSD activity whenever the of the above happens.

If anyone has any ideas about this problem or has experienced this problem i would be grateful of any advise.

Kind Regards,

Charlie

:)

Charlie's random mixups, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Equation Win User

Laptop won't shutdown or restart properly

My laptop won't shutdown or restart properly, I am using a docking station and when I undock the laptop it seems to restart/shutdown properly but when I restart/shutdown with it docked, it doesn't restart/shutdown properly and always goes into a mode like sleep mode.

How do I fix this issue?

Equation, Sep 20, 2019
  3. capnp72 Win User
    Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance.

capnp72, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Laptop not going into sleep mode properly and then restarting. And sometimes taking up to 1...

Restarting laptop from sleep mode.

When i click on the power button, sleep, shut down and restart is listed. Hibernation is not an option. How do i activate the Hibernation option?

Floyd Mallory, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Laptop not going into sleep mode properly and then restarting. And sometimes taking up to 1...

1. Laptop not going into sleep mode properly and then restarting. And sometimes taking up to 1... - Similar Threads - Laptop going sleep

2. Laptop restarts when waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop restarts when waking up from sleep mode: I'm facing issues with my Win10 Asus Laptop for about 3 weeks now when it wakes up from sleep. It takes a long time to load and then does a full restart. When it restarts my audio doesn't work and the audio icon shows me "no audio output device installed" Anyone facing the...
  3. Laptop going on sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop going on sleep mode randomly: So, I’ve got an acer nitro 5 (i5 9th, 16gb ram, 128gb ssd + 1tb, gtx 1650) and recently it goes into sleeping mode on its own, when I’m using it. It doesn’t happen all the time, like once every two days but it’s still annoying. Sometimes it happens while I’m gaming. I don’t...
  4. Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode: For about 2 days now whenever I try to put my pc into sleep mode every other time it restarts instead and ends up on the blue screen of death with the system service exception error. Sometimes it will restart saying its repairing my disk drive which is weird because Ive done...
  5. Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze: hello i have problems with my laptop it is working fine but if i let it alone and the screen sometimes goes black but it doesn't go in sleep mode and when i try to click a key on my keyboard it doesn't do anything and the led is on and i have to force shutdown it so i can...
  6. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  7. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.: Hey everyone, I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where I can put it to sleep but when woken up the screen stays black (not even backlight) and about 15 seconds later the laptop...
  8. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.: Hey everyone, I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where I can put it to sleep but when woken up the screen stays black (not even backlight) and about 15 seconds later the laptop...
  9. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...
  10. Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.: Hello, I did a clean install months ago, and since then, sleep mode isn't working as it's should be. What happens is that when I click "Sleep" my monitor, keyboard, and mouse would be turned off while pc is still working and my gpu fans would go crazy. And even clicking on...