Windows 10: Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode

Discus and support Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I tried to put my laptop on sleep mode. For some reason it is not opening anymore from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AaronMcMahon Jr., May 4, 2022.

1. Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode

Hello,I tried to put my laptop on sleep mode. For some reason it is not opening anymore from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on. It quite a hssle since I don't want to turn it off and on everytime. How to fix this?

:)

AaronMcMahon Jr., May 4, 2022

2. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 4, 2022
  3. smiley_s Win User
    Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017).

I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on.

The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running.

In addition, I'm not seeing the indicator light for the hard drive. I tried a forced power down, waited about a

minute, and then tried again. Nothing happened. Once again, the power light came on, but it is still showing

a black screen and no hard drive light.

When I originally put the laptop in sleep mode, it shut down normally, so I wasn't suspecting any issues.

I had the laptop in sleep mode for several hours, and not connected to AC power, only using the battery.

There was no new software downloaded to the laptop recently, the only recent change that I can think of

was an UI update to my anti-virus software (McAfee).

Could the issue be in some way related either to the UI update, or the hard drive?

Any suggestions to what may be causing these issues would be very helpful.

Thanks.

smiley_s, May 4, 2022
  4. kp1424 Win User

Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode

Laptop in sleep mode, is opening apps and playing sound

When I put my laptop in sleep mode, and have the mute button on, it is waking itself up, and opening apps, and turning the sound back on.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

kp1424, May 4, 2022
Thema:

Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode

1. Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Laptop opening coming

2. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop not opening from sleep mode: I put my laptop on sleep mode, and for some reason, it won't open back up again from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on again. How to fix this?...
  3. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not opening from sleep mode: I put my laptop on sleep mode, and for some reason, it won't open back up again from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on again. How to fix this?...
  4. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop won't open from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't open from sleep mode: Hello, I have this issue, when my I put my laptop on sleep mode, it won't open again after pressing anything. I need to turn it off manually using the power button and turn it back on. I know it is not supposed to be this way. How to fix this?...
  6. Laptop won't open from sleep mode

Laptop won't open from sleep mode: Hello, I have this issue, when my I put my laptop on sleep mode, it won't open again after pressing anything. I need to turn it off manually using the power button and turn it back on. I know it is not supposed to be this way. How to fix this?...
  7. Laptop won't open from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode

Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode: Hello,I tried to put my laptop on sleep mode. For some reason it is not opening anymore from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on. It quite a hssle since I don't want to turn it off and on everytime. How to fix this?...
  9. Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode

Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode: Hello,I tried to put my laptop on sleep mode. For some reason it is not opening anymore from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on. It quite a hssle since I don't want to turn it off and on everytime. How to fix this?...
  10. Can't get the laptop screen to come on after sleep mode

Can't get the laptop screen to come on after sleep mode: If i close the laptop or let it sleep, when I try to wake it up again, my screen doesn't work. I can hear the laptop waking up again but nothing visual. I have tried turning the machine off with a hard shutdown holding the power button but that doesn't work - it stays...