Windows 10: Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop

Discus and support Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, i just replaced the old HDD on my laptop with a brand new HP SSD 250GB. After turning on my laptop the screen is grey and when pressing F10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by plshelpimstuck, May 24, 2022.

1. Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop

Hi there, i just replaced the old HDD on my laptop with a brand new HP SSD 250GB. After turning on my laptop the screen is grey and when pressing F10 to open the BIOS it just says "F10 - BIOS setup options" on the bottom left corner.Instead of opening the BIOS the laptop just shuts off and instantly turns on again. I can repeat this as often as i want and it just doesn't let me into the BIOS.When I put in the old HDD it boots windows like nothing happened to it.Thanks for helping me in advance.

:)

plshelpimstuck, May 24, 2022
  2. JerickG Win User

SSD not recognized in bios (laptop)

so in my laptop , i installed w10 in a ssd but in the bios priority boot the ssd does not appear and when i try to boot it loops in windows boot manager, the only way to boot its with a booteable usb with hirens boot to force the ssd

i need help to make the ssd boot naturally and excuse me for my english

JerickG, May 24, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, May 24, 2022
  4. Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop

BSOD then restart then automatically opens BIOS Setup without detecting my SSD

So Im having this kind of issue... I have both an SSD (system file) and HDD . One time, I was playing an offline game and my laptop goes BSOD and goes restart. After that, it automatically opens BIOS. In the BIOS, it cannot detect my SSD so I can't quit
    the BIOS set-up and boot it normally. However, i can click "save and exit" and after it, it just boots normally. However after again playing games or opening apps like solidworks, it will BSOD again and repeating and repeating. I already reformat my laptop
    thinking that maybe i have a corrupted OS but that doesn't solve the problem

Jacob Monares, May 24, 2022
Thema:

Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop

1. Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop - Similar Threads - Laptop opening BIOS

2. MSI laptop bios loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI laptop bios loop: I have an MSI laptop and today after my work was done I just closed the screen without shutting down. When I came back home and opened my laptop I was shown to the MSI boot menu. I tried to exit l, reset settings etc. but the system restarts and puts me back to the bios menu....
  3. MSI laptop bios loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSI laptop bios loop: I have an MSI laptop and today after my work was done I just closed the screen without shutting down. When I came back home and opened my laptop I was shown to the MSI boot menu. I tried to exit l, reset settings etc. but the system restarts and puts me back to the bios menu....
  4. SOLVED Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SOLVED Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop: Solved it! I installed the OS on the SSD on another PC and then put it in my laptop. After that it said I have no OS installed. Just went into BIOS and turned on 'legacy support'.Hi there, i just replaced the old HDD on my laptop with a brand new HP SSD 250GB. After turning...
  5. Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop: Hi there, i just replaced the old HDD on my laptop with a brand new HP SSD 250GB. After turning on my laptop the screen is grey and when pressing F10 to open the BIOS it just says "F10 - BIOS setup options" on the bottom left corner.Instead of opening the BIOS the laptop just...
  6. Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not opening BIOS after replacing SSD restart loop: Hi there, i just replaced the old HDD on my laptop with a brand new HP SSD 250GB. After turning on my laptop the screen is grey and when pressing F10 to open the BIOS it just says "F10 - BIOS setup options" on the bottom left corner.Instead of opening the BIOS the laptop just...
  7. replacement SSD drive for laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    replacement SSD drive for laptop: My laptop cannot see my SSD drive so I assume it has failed, I am having trouble finding a replacement.The SSD drive installed in my laptop is an SK Hynix, I am attaching a photo of it.The is the only similar drive I have found and do not know if if it is...
  8. Installing replacement SSD on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing replacement SSD on laptop: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running the latest Windows 10 Home. Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1198) The laptop is a Toshiba satellite S855 Intel cpu i7-3610QM, 8GB installed ram Its old hdd is extremely slow so I want to replace it with a 1 TB ssd. The SSD is a Samsung...
  9. BIOS change required after HDD replace with SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS change required after HDD replace with SSD?: I am preparing to replace my HHD with an SSD. I will, at the recommendation of most here, not clone the drive but make an image with MR and then restore to the SSD. I will then replace my HHD with the SSD. As I will not be keeping the HHD installed, will there be any need to...
  10. Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.: Hey, I have an acer laptop that has an hdd with windows 10. I would like to replace this hdd with an ssd, but with a clean install of windows 10. Is there a way to transfer win 10 and activate it onto the ssd. The laptop does not have an additional hdd option. Thanks in...