Windows 10: Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated".

Discus and support Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated". in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm gaming on my Dell XPS 9550 and it's not even getting past 80 C before it goes to sleep because of "overheating". Recently it has also been a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NorthernXY, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated".

I'm gaming on my Dell XPS 9550 and it's not even getting past 80 C before it goes to sleep because of "overheating". Recently it has also been a lot hotter doing tasks it used to never get that hot doing. Nothing has changed so I can't think what's causing it. I can hear the fans going so that shouldn't be it.

Thanks.

:)

NorthernXY, Aug 10, 2019

2. Overheating

Thanks took some of those steps and seems to be running better, has not overheated. Think I will take it to someone I trust to clean the fan and re-apply heat paste.

JohnPranke, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Laptop going to sleep

I have Dell Precision 5510 with Windows 10 and I am encountering issued when playing Fallout 4.

When I play the laptop is going to sleep after some time. How can I diagnose what is happening? Can it be caused by overheating or something similar?

user1563721, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated".

Laptop going to sleep when i play games

Hi Sammy,

There may be some issues with your settings that lead to this problem when you play games on the laptop. Kindly answer these questions so we can help you with your concern:

• Do you get any errors when you start the device again?
    • Did the issue start after applying changes or installing updates on your laptop?
    • Does the problem happen when the device is plugged in to a power source?

To know how you can check if updates were installed on your device, go to
    this page

Let's review the Power & sleep settings to further identify the problem. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Go to Power & sleep.
    • See if any of the current settings enable Sleep when using your laptop.

You can also run the Power Troubleshooter to get more details about the issue. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Power and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if you find anything.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated".

1. Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated". - Similar Threads - Laptop overheating going

2. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  3. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  4. How to stop laptop from over heating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop laptop from over heating: Hi everyone my Laptop is overheating every time i play games on it even though i have a cooling pad under it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this from happening...
  5. How to stop laptop from over heating

How to stop laptop from over heating: Hi everyone my Laptop is overheating every time i play games on it even though i have a cooling pad under it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this from happening...
  6. Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.: Can you please give a feature in new OS Windows 11 that will give a notification after the battery is charged at a specific percentage, that percentage metric must be user-customizable? It can help in avoiding battery damage due to overcharging of battery....
  7. Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.

Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.: Can you please give a feature in new OS Windows 11 that will give a notification after the battery is charged at a specific percentage, that percentage metric must be user-customizable? It can help in avoiding battery damage due to overcharging of battery....
  8. My laptop is heating significantly in sleep mdoe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is heating significantly in sleep mdoe: I bought hp pavilion gaming laptop (ryzen 4600H model) some days back. I am noticing it is heating a lot when it is in sleep mode. It is way too much than a normal laptop heating while sleep and draining battery. I have other dell laptop and it does not heat this much. And...
  9. My laptop keeps on over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps on over heating: whenever i play a game it just gets hot and the fan gets kind of loud and i wish i could stop this, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-over-heating/85d6acee-54d1-4b89-a748-3e674b640182
  10. Heating of Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Heating of Laptop: when I use my laptop without the internet my laptop doesn't get heated, but when it connected to the internet it gets very hot and hotter and hotter when I use youtube? so kindly give some solutions to save my laptop from heating and loudness of fan....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC in sleep mode overheats what is happening

2. dell latitude goes to sleep overheat