Windows 10: laptop not playing local video but only sound can be heard.

Discus and support laptop not playing local video but only sound can be heard. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop is not playing any video in vlc media player and other player except windows media player.A black or green screen is shown instead.Initially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hirakborah, Jan 8, 2019.

1. laptop not playing local video but only sound can be heard.

My laptop is not playing any video in vlc media player and other player except windows media player.A black or green screen is shown instead.Initially it was also not playing online video but after a setting in the google chrome it was playing.Help me fix it.It occured recently after i updated my windows and now i have uninstalled the update but still it is not working.

:)

hirakborah, Jan 8, 2019

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    laptop wont play videos or sound

Hi Felix,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. Are you facing this issue when you play downloaded video?

2. Do you get any error message?

3. Have you installed all pending driver updates?

I suggest you run troubleshooter for playing audio and video playback.

Step 1:

Type Troubleshooter on Search.

Select View all on the right hand side.

Double click on Playing Audio.

Step 2:

Type Troubleshooter on Search.

Select View all on the right hand side.

Double click on Video playback.

Also follow the link to update display audio drivers.

laptops and netbooks :: thinkpad edge laptops :: thinkpad edge e430 - FR

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you

Pavan_N, Jan 8, 2019
  4. laptop not playing local video but only sound can be heard.

Video Streaming and Local Video Playing problem in Windows 10

I have tried updating my video driver as suggested in the community post yet nothing really worked. Are there any other means to resolve the video playing problem in streaming videos and local videos in windows 10? My laptop is Asus x452e

ArchieSch. P., Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

laptop not playing local video but only sound can be heard.

1. laptop not playing local video but only sound can be heard. - Similar Threads - laptop playing local

2. videos not playing only sound windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    videos not playing only sound windows 11: hi,recently i have been experiencing a problem with playing videos on windows 11.while i can hear sound the video itself is frozen, if i try to move forward or backward the video stops completely.i tried many ways and suggestions in the internet also with different video...
  3. videos not playing only sound windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    videos not playing only sound windows 11: hi,recently i have been experiencing a problem with playing videos on windows 11.while i can hear sound the video itself is frozen, if i try to move forward or backward the video stops completely.i tried many ways and suggestions in the internet also with different video...
  4. Laptop only plays sound when on a call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop only plays sound when on a call: Hi all,I have a Latitude laptop running Windows 10 and it has recently developed an interesting problem. I get no audio from the inbuilt RealTek speakers on Spotify, YouTube etc unless I am on a call on either Facebook Messenger or Microsoft Teams. I can then hear the call,...
  5. Laptop only plays sound when on a call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop only plays sound when on a call: Hi all,I have a Latitude laptop running Windows 10 and it has recently developed an interesting problem. I get no audio from the inbuilt RealTek speakers on Spotify, YouTube etc unless I am on a call on either Facebook Messenger or Microsoft Teams. I can then hear the call,...
  6. Laptop only plays sound when on a call

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No sound and video files aren't playing on my laptop

No sound and video files aren't playing on my laptop: I have a recurring issue where I can't hear any sound on my laptop and video files are not playing in windows films and tv. You tube videos play but they have no sound. previously I had this issue , and i had to reset my laptopAcer Nitro 5 - AN515-55. resetting fixed the...
  8. PC Minecraft, While playing the XBOX live notif sound can be heard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Minecraft, While playing the XBOX live notif sound can be heard: I am not a pro at forums so here it goes. I purchased for my Windows 10 pro PC which has all latest updates including the current build OS 1909 version 18363.752 along with Geforce 1050TI graphics card. again all drivers are up to date as of 6:00PM today. The ISSUE is...
  9. sound problem (only "edge" and "movies & tv" can play sound)

sound problem (only "edge" and "movies & tv" can play sound): new laptop here, first thing was installing firefox, and there is no sound (while microsoft edge can play sounds). than installed chrome, no sound, gom player, no sound, winamp, can't even play the file. movies and tv app can play video with sound. on firefox, if you play a...
  10. Laptop speakers don't play video sound equally

Laptop speakers don't play video sound equally: I just encountered this problem about 10 minutes ago after not using my laptop for a few hours. For some reason when I play videos the sound is mostly coming from the left side, and there's only a small amount of sound coming from the right. I've tried to figure out what the...