Windows 10: Laptop not playing through headphones

Discus and support Laptop not playing through headphones in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I plug in my headphones, and in the corner it shows me what device it is and I click okay, so it’s picking up that I have my headphones plugged in, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MasonSJ, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Laptop not playing through headphones

I plug in my headphones, and in the corner it shows me what device it is and I click okay, so it’s picking up that I have my headphones plugged in, but then it plays the audio through my laptop speaker? Please help!

submitted by /u/MasonSJ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MasonSJ, Jun 24, 2020

2. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 24, 2020
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Laptop not playing through headphones

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Laptop not playing through headphones

1. Laptop not playing through headphones - Similar Threads - Laptop playing through

2. Headphones detected but no sound plays through

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected but no sound plays through: As of earlier today, no audio will play through any headphones using the 3.5mm headphone jack. Currently do not have my USB headphones to test them. Issue was noticed after my laptop blue screened, unknown why. Volume mixer along with sound settings recognize there is...
  3. Headphones detected but no sound plays through

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones detected but no sound plays through: As of earlier today, no audio will play through any headphones using the 3.5mm headphone jack. Currently do not have my USB headphones to test them. Issue was noticed after my laptop blue screened, unknown why. Volume mixer along with sound settings recognize there is...
  4. No Sound Plays Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound Plays Through Headphones: My headphones are selected as the default and show up under Speaker as Headphone RealtekR Audio. When I disconnect them, the option disappears as expected, but nothing changes when I plug them back in; sound continues to play through the speakers even though they aren't the...
  5. No Sound Plays Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sound Plays Through Headphones: My headphones are selected as the default and show up under Speaker as Headphone RealtekR Audio. When I disconnect them, the option disappears as expected, but nothing changes when I plug them back in; sound continues to play through the speakers even though they aren't the...
  6. Make audio play through laptop speakers while headphones plugged in but headphone and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make audio play through laptop speakers while headphones plugged in but headphone and...: So i wanted to record with my headphone mic but let the audio play through the laptop, but when I open the sound settings, they both for some reason use the same realtek HD Audio speaker, and I can't disable just the headphone audio or anything, is there a fix or a way for me...
  7. Usb Headphones plugged in but doesn't play through the headphones

Usb Headphones plugged in but doesn't play through the headphones: I just bought these new headphones and computer is new it is a HP Pavilion Pc 15-eh009wm and a AMD Ryzen 5 core, The headphones doesn't show up to switch it to default when I plug it in I installed new drivers but I'm not sure if I updated them to the correct driver I have...
  8. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  9. This noise was playing through the laptop speaker and headphones when plugged in,...

This noise was playing through the laptop speaker and headphones when plugged in,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AcceptFate_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gl9k4m/this_noise_was_playing_through_the_laptop_speaker/
  10. Sound won’t play through headphones

Sound won’t play through headphones: My headphones are plugged in and registered as a device but it just won’t play any sound. Games don’t have sound at all, Spotify claims it can’t play music, and YouTube plays through the monitor speakers. I’ve tried restarting and unplugging everything and replugging it,...