Windows 10: Laptop not recognising headphones

Discus and support Laptop not recognising headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,So 2 days ago when I plugged in my headphones into my laptop to play some music, I noticed that the sound was coming out of the laptop speakers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IvyWarner, Sep 13, 2021.

1. IvyWarner Win User

Laptop not recognising headphones

Hi,So 2 days ago when I plugged in my headphones into my laptop to play some music, I noticed that the sound was coming out of the laptop speakers and not the headphones. And so from then on I visited multiple forums to try and fins out how to fix this problem I have. I have tried uninstalling the driver and restarting my laptop multiple times. I've also scanned for driver updates. And I found that when I go the sound settings, and my headphones are plugged in it doesn't even show up on the screen. I've also tried doing the sound troubleshooting thing, but the laptop can't seem to find any pr

:)

IvyWarner, Sep 13, 2021
  2. Sigurd Win User

Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic.
    Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone.
    Therefore all hardware works.

However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom headphone.

I have tried re-boots, turning Bluetooth on/off, uninstalling, re-loading drivers, etc. I have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions please?

Sigurd, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 13, 2021
  4. RoseBebb Win User

Laptop doesn't recognise Bluetooth headphones

Laptop wont recognise my Bluetooth Headphones, what can I do ? please.

Moved from IE10

Original title: Bluetooth

RoseBebb, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop not recognising headphones - Similar Threads - Laptop recognising headphones

2. headphone recognised as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphone recognised as speakers: so the thing is that i connected my wired earphones to my windows 10 laptop and it recognises my earphone as speaker. so whenever i plug my earphones and play a video, no sound is coming from the earphones but its coming from the speakers of my laptop. i just wanna watch...
  3. headphone recognised as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone recognised as speakers: so the thing is that i connected my wired earphones to my windows 10 laptop and it recognises my earphone as speaker. so whenever i plug my earphones and play a video, no sound is coming from the earphones but its coming from the speakers of my laptop. i just wanna watch...
  4. headphone recognised as speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphones aren't recognised.

Headphones aren't recognised.: I have my headphones plugged into my tower, HP, and it doesn't even show them as plugged in. Before you tell me to go into the win + x settings bit, I'm not on the administrator account of my PC, I can't fit it from there....
  6. My laptop isn't recognising my headphones

My laptop isn't recognising my headphones: My laptop doesn't recognize my headset. When I plug it in it asks me what audio device I plugged in, I choose headset then click OK. But no sound plays while it's plugged in and Playback Devices says that the headphones aren't plugged in. I have installed the latest Audio...
  7. My laptop isn't recognising my headphones

My laptop isn't recognising my headphones: My laptop doesn't recognize my headset. When I plug it in it asks me what audio device I plugged in, I choose headset then click OK. But no sound plays while it's plugged in and Playback Devices says that the headphones aren't plugged in. I have installed the latest Audio...
  8. Headphones recognised as speakers

Headphones recognised as speakers: So headphones recognised as speakers and I cant control volume its either 0 or 100, I have tried reinstalling drivers and etc. nothing worked, hope anyone can help......
  9. Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth not recognising headphones: Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic. Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone. Therefore all hardware works. However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom...
  10. Laptop won't recognise headphones after Windows update.

Laptop won't recognise headphones after Windows update.: Yesterday night/early this morning my laptop (Inspiron 15 5000) automatically updated. Today as I go to listen to music on youtube and much to my annoyance, my headphones aren't being recognised by my laptop. Thinking they were broken or something happened, I tried them on my...