Windows 10: Laptop not recognizing 2nd monitor being unplugged

Discus and support Laptop not recognizing 2nd monitor being unplugged in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I Have a MSI laptop with a GTX 1060 and an Intel i7 7700HQ, and a HP w2338h monitor. I have it connected to a GANA hdmi splitter, and as of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Heyrule77, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Heyrule77 Win User

Laptop not recognizing 2nd monitor being unplugged

Hello,

I Have a MSI laptop with a GTX 1060 and an Intel i7 7700HQ, and a HP w2338h monitor. I have it connected to a GANA hdmi splitter, and as of recently having problems.

When I switch what port I'm using on the splitter (port one is the laptop, port 2 is my switch), the laptop doesn't recognize that it is no longer connected. When the splitter is on the laptop, I unplugged the HDMI from my laptop, and the same thing happened. The monitor went blank, but the laptop still detected it there. The monitor is running on the GTX.

Thanks!

:)

Heyrule77, Aug 7, 2018
  2. blenz Win User

Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor After Updates

Here's the Laptop I'm using, brand new:
    HP - ENVY 17.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce 940M - 1TB Hard Drive

I'm using a 2nd monitor that's worked since I've got them both a month ago brand new. I'm using HDMI to HDMI for input and after auto-updates, now nothing I can do will get it to recognize my 2nd monitor, which is this one:
    Acer - 27" LED HD

Everything worked perfectly, now it's like I don't even have a 2nd monitor. Drivers are updated, I tried restarting. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

Here's what it says:

Laptop not recognizing 2nd monitor being unplugged [​IMG]

Thanks.

blenz, Aug 7, 2018
  3. recognizing 2nd and 3rd monitors

when I power off my machine does not recognize the 2nd & 3rd monitors.

Carol Gross, Aug 7, 2018
  4. KK2379 Win User

Windows 10 will not recognize 2nd Monitor after upgrade.

After upgrading to Windows 10, my 2nd monitor is no longer recognized.

Monitor is Acer and laptop is Asus. Monitor is connected to docking station as VGA port will not connect directly to laptop.

Have tried updating drivers and device manager will not detect my monitor either.

What's the fix?

KK2379, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop not recognizing 2nd monitor being unplugged - Similar Threads - Laptop recognizing 2nd

2. 2nd monitor displaying but not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor displaying but not being detected: I have Windows 11 and have just installed a 2nd monitor. It is displaying the taskbar and wallpaper, but isn't being detected. AMD Radeon graphics, have checked for latest drivers for graphics and for both monitors, all up to date. Have also checked for updates and there was...
  3. 2nd monitor displaying but not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor displaying but not being detected: I have Windows 11 and have just installed a 2nd monitor. It is displaying the taskbar and wallpaper, but isn't being detected. AMD Radeon graphics, have checked for latest drivers for graphics and for both monitors, all up to date. Have also checked for updates and there was...
  4. 1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution: my first monitor is a 2560x1440p monitor and 2nd is 1920x1080 but the 1440p one is being capped at 1080 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1st-monitor-is-being-capped-by-2nd-monitors/f1763ad4-4ebb-48ce-b151-d47fe60f7333
  5. 1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution: my first monitor is a 2560x1440p monitor and 2nd is 1920x1080 but the 1440p one is being capped at 1080 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1st-monitor-is-being-capped-by-2nd-monitors/f1763ad4-4ebb-48ce-b151-d47fe60f7333
  6. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  7. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  8. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. External monitor not being recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor not being recognized: Hi guys, I have an HP 8570w elitebook Win10 with a Nvidia K2000M graphics card. For years my Philips 274E 27'' monitor was working just fine. Since a month ago, I have no idea what happened but my monitor is not recognized. When I plug the display adapter, sometimes it works...
  10. 2nd Monitor not recognized with Windows 10

2nd Monitor not recognized with Windows 10: Recently I shut down my computer and moved it to another room. When I reconnected both monitors and restarted the system, only one monitor is recognized. I've updated the display drivers, rolled back the display drivers, restarted the system, unplugged the monitors and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not recognizing second monitor unless unplug one monitor

2. not recognizing 2nd monitor on boot have to unplug and plug back in hdmi

3. windows 10 wont recognize a monitor unplugged