Windows 10: Laptop not recognizing HDMI connected monitor after update. None of the usual fixes do...

Discus and support Laptop not recognizing HDMI connected monitor after update. None of the usual fixes do... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus laptop that I normally have connected to a Samsung monitor through an HDMI cable to use dual displays. It has worked fine for a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClaraHandaya, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Laptop not recognizing HDMI connected monitor after update. None of the usual fixes do...

I have an Asus laptop that I normally have connected to a Samsung monitor through an HDMI cable to use dual displays. It has worked fine for a while and I rarely unplug the HDMI cable. After Windows 10 performed a system update, the laptop no longer recognizes the monitor.

In the display settings, the computer only shows its own display and cannot detect anything else. Restarting the computer doesn't do anything. Checking the projection settings doesn't do anything. Updating the drivers doesn't do anything. Cleaning out the laptop's HDMI port doesn't do anything.

The problem doesn't seem to be the HDMI cable or the monitor, as I have switched them both out but there is still no improvement. The monitor seems to respond to being connected with the laptop, but the laptop doesn't respond to the monitor. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to get the HDMI port to recognize anything. And nothing has happened in recent memory that would lead me to believe the port is physically damaged. I have a feeling it is linked with the system update but I am not entirely sure. Is there anything else I can try?

:)

ClaraHandaya, Oct 15, 2020
  2. GvsE1314 Win User

Laptop not recognizing HDMI connected monitor after update. None of the usual fixes do anything!

I have an Asus laptop that I normally have connected to an LG TV/monitor through an HDMI cable to use dual displays. It has worked fine for a while and I rarely unplug the HDMI cable. After Windows 10 performed a major system update, the laptop no longer
    recognizes the monitor.

In the display settings, the computer only shows its own display and cannot detect anything else. Restarting the computer doesn't do anything. Checking the projection settings doesn't do anything. Updating the drivers doesn't do anything. Cleaning out the
    laptop's HDMI port doesn't do anything.

The problem doesn't seem to be the HDMI cable or the monitor, as I have switched them both out but there is still no improvement. The monitor seems to respond to being connected with the laptop, but the laptop doesn't respond to the monitor. I have tried
    everything I can think of and nothing seems to get the HDMI port to recognize anything. And nothing has happened in recent memory that would lead me to believe the port is physically damaged. I have a feeling it is linked with the system update but I am not
    entirely sure. Is there anything else I can try?

GvsE1314, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Igal_1234 Win User
    Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Original Title: Igal

Hi,

I am using Samsung series 5 Ultra laptop. installed windows 10 and upgraded to office 2015.

my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor (HDMI connection). checked on a few different cables and monitors but nothing happens.

anyone has any suggestion how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Igal_1234, Oct 15, 2020
  4. 1984gman Win User

Laptop not recognizing HDMI connected monitor after update. None of the usual fixes do...

HDMI Connection to Monitor Suddenly Failed in Windows 10

Sorry in advance for the length description of my issue...

I have a relatively new HP laptop running windows 10 (the device manager shows only an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 605 display adapter) . Up to a few days ago, I had no problem connecting an external monitor to the one and only HDMI port (the laptop is new enough
    that the single HDMI port is the only port available to connect an external monitor).. The connection suddenly stopped working this week. The monitor now displays the message "No Signal Found" and then goes to sleep.

I've tried the obvious; powering down both the monitor and the laptop, disconnecting and then reconnecting the cable, then powering on both; to no effect. I've connected the monitor with the existing HDMI cable to a desktop computer and it works just fine.
    I've tried using the "detect" display, in display settings after restarting, also to no effect. I then checked if I have the latest update to the Windows 10 operating system, which I do. I also tried updating the display driver. I still have no ability
    to use my external monitor connecting through the HDMI port.

I can however connect an old Acer projector that's a VGA device, using a VGA to HDMI adapter, to the HDMI port. So the port is working and the system recognizes the VGA device, but it no longer recognizes either my HP monitor or a new Samsung monitor on
    the HDMI port. So, having checked the monitor(s), cable, operating system, device driver, and the HDMI port, I'm at a loss to understand why Windows 10 can no longer connect to my HDMI monitor(s).

I saw similar question that noted there had been an earlier incident where windows 10 recognized VGA devices, but had an HDMI issue. All of the suggested fixes in that thread were tried and described above.

So, does anyone have any other thoughts on what I could try? Or am I stuck waiting for the next round of system and device driver updates to get this fixed?

1984gman, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Laptop not recognizing HDMI connected monitor after update. None of the usual fixes do...

1. Laptop not recognizing HDMI connected monitor after update. None of the usual fixes do... - Similar Threads - Laptop recognizing HDMI

2. Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback: Hi, I've been using two monitors for the past couple months with my PC, both are the same brand/model with speakers included. One is connected via display port, and the other is connected via HDMI.I've been able to change the playback back and forth between the monitors...
  3. Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback: Hi, I've been using two monitors for the past couple months with my PC, both are the same brand/model with speakers included. One is connected via display port, and the other is connected via HDMI.I've been able to change the playback back and forth between the monitors...
  4. Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop

Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop: Hi everyone!I use an HDMI-HDMI cable to connect my laptop with a monitor.However, after 2-3 seconds, It keeps forcing me to go back to the log-in screen. I enter my passcode. Two screens turn on, then turn off immediately after...
  6. Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop: Hi everyone!I use an HDMI-HDMI cable to connect my laptop with a monitor.However, after 2-3 seconds, It keeps forcing me to go back to the log-in screen. I enter my passcode. Two screens turn on, then turn off immediately after...
  7. Cannot connect HDMI Monitor with laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. no HDMI connection to monitor

no HDMI connection to monitor: have checked cable and driver update what next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hdmi-connection-to-monitor/dae9274b-c160-408c-bd77-87531c84df3c
  9. Monitor not connecting to laptop via HDMI after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor not connecting to laptop via HDMI after windows update: Hi! A few days ago my monitor suddenly wasn't connecting to my laptop anymore via HDMI. I had updated windows the night before and when i woke up the monitor wasn't connected anymore, it just said "no signal". The monitor itself seems to be working good, and the display as...
  10. Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection: Hello everyone! First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread. I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a...