Windows 10: laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port

Discus and support laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chlama57, Dec 7, 2018.

1. chlama57 Win User

laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port

:)

chlama57, Dec 7, 2018

2. USB port recognizing devices

Hello,

I've been through all the troubleshooting pages on USB ports not recognizing USB devices, but none of it worked. The strange thing is, if I connect a USB device to one of the ports, the 'recognizing sound' is audible. But, no automatic pop-up and no divice
    is visible in explorer. When I look to safely remove the device, this function is not listed among the icons in the taskbar. When I remove the device again the sound for removal is audible.

Who can help me to get my computer to 'read' the device again?

Greetings,

Richard

RichardSleegers, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Computer no longer recognizes USB mp3 player

1. It is possible that the mp3 player is corrupted, or has no power. Can you confirm that is not the case???
    2. Have you tested it in other usb ports?
    3. Are other devices working in the same usb ports?
    4. How old is the MP3 device?

Canadian Tech, Dec 7, 2018
  4. jjtyler Win User

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port - Similar Threads - laptop recognizing mp3

2. USB Ports Not Recognizing Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports Not Recognizing Device: This machine has 4 USB ports, but none of them are recognizing any devices being plugged into the machine. Not sure what other information may be necessary, but I am here in front of the machine ready to answer any questions that I can. Thank you....
  3. USB Ports Not Recognizing Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Ports Not Recognizing Device: This machine has 4 USB ports, but none of them are recognizing any devices being plugged into the machine. Not sure what other information may be necessary, but I am here in front of the machine ready to answer any questions that I can. Thank you....
  4. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  5. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  6. My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp laptops usb ports are not recognizing: I sent in my laptop to get repaired and now that I got it back my usb ports are not recognizing any usb flash drives. Note I also went into the master system of the computer to see if anything needed to be updated and everything was up to date so now I've been lost trying to...
  7. USB port not recognizing MP3 player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB port not recognizing MP3 player: When I plug in my MP3 player to my desktop USB port to, update the files, it does not show up anywhere. The power light on the MP3 player comes on but nothing else. My USB port if fine with my phone or jump drives....
  8. Front facing USB ports powered but not recognizing devices and devices not being recognized...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front facing USB ports powered but not recognizing devices and devices not being recognized...: So I have been having this issue for a few days and have not found a workable solution anywhere. 2 of my 4 front facing USB ports are non 3.0 ports, as of 2 days ago they stopped recognizing any device plugged into them the 2 3.0 ports work fine. I have gone to device...
  9. USB Port not recognizing device

USB Port not recognizing device: I have an HP Revolve 810 Elitebook. One of the two usb ports will recognize a thumbdrive but not my plantronics head set. I can't seem to find where to do any troubleshooting on the usb port. The headset works on another computer just fine, is recognized and configured...
  10. Connecting other devices to laptop via usb port

Connecting other devices to laptop via usb port: I try to set up a monitor to my laptop and it doesn't seem to work. It says on " other devices " USB Composite Device has a driver error. What should I do to solve this problem ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb port not recognising mp3