Windows 10: Laptop not restarting fater latest Windows Update

Discus and support Laptop not restarting fater latest Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Win 10 Build 10240 laptop installed a new windows update over night (sorry do not know KB number) and then when I tried to restart as required it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by balein, Oct 20, 2015.

1. balein Win User

Laptop not restarting fater latest Windows Update

My Win 10 Build 10240 laptop installed a new windows update over night (sorry do not know KB number) and then when I tried to restart as required it will no longer boot up. Initially it restarted into Windows but none of the modern apps worked, and when I tried another restart it now sticks after the initial Windows Logo screen it goes to a black screen with only the mouse pointer showing. I have tried several times to restart but it always sticks at same point.

I am away from home without access to recovery media - Is there anyway I can boot to recovery mode to try to run System Restore? Or any other suggestions on how to fix the boot issues?

:)

balein, Oct 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 view download progress doesn't work

About 2 days, but i didn't close my laptop even nights to do it fater

Ali Karimli, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Slow performance

Hello,

I recently bought an Asus, Republic of Gamers. A i7 7thgen processor, 16GB RAM, 1TB storage. So, ever since I unboxed it it has been behaving extremely slow, I have another 200€ laptop and it is way fater. This should not be normal.

What can be the possible fix.

Thanks in advacnce

Metalmike24188, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Laptop not restarting fater latest Windows Update

a way to spawn recovery mode without media is to unplug the computer (or pull out your battery) a few times in a row during successive boot ups. 2 or 3 times should do it. then try running the startup repair from advanced options.

firebasejay, Oct 20, 2015
  5. balein Win User
    I will try tonight - unfortunately I never get as far as the advanced startup options - is there some way I can force these to come up?

balein, Oct 20, 2015
  6. Hi,
    You need to force power it off just before it gets to the windows logo part (press and hold power button), repeat this 2 or 3 times

After doing this windows will tell you it has problems starting and offer the recovery options

paulsalter, Oct 20, 2015
  7. balein Win User
    Thanks - that eventually worked and booted into the recovery options, which then let me run the System Restore from a restore point made last Sunday. After a lot of disk activity it informed me that System Restore had been unsuccessful and rebooted, however when windows restarted I got a message in an "old style" windows message box that System Restore had been successful and the laptop is now working OK apart from a few modern apps which are just updated through Windows Store. Thanks for the help to get me out of this problem.

balein, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop not restarting fater latest Windows Update

1. Laptop not restarting fater latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - Laptop restarting fater

2. randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates: Since November 2022 updates: 1. My desktop restarts several times during boot. Booting only succeeds in "debug mode", if at all. 2. Windows restarts unexpectedly and randomly within 1-30 minutes after a successful boot. 3. I reported the problem to Microsoft Customer Service...
  3. Latest Windows Update crashed toshiba Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Latest Windows Update crashed toshiba Laptop: I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. About 4 weeks ago Windows did an update. Now Windows will not boot the PC. I have tried all the recovery methods and downloaded the Win10 repair from MS. No luck. Is there a solution to this?...
  4. Latest Update puts my laptop into update and restart cycle, nonstop scanning for updates, etc

Latest Update puts my laptop into update and restart cycle, nonstop scanning for updates, etc: The latest H2 update put my laptop into a continuous scan for updates, and a continuous update and restart cycle. I uninstalled the update--and, laptop is still saying update and restart, updates page is continually scanning for updates, and there is an error message saying...
  5. After latest Update, Windows 10 Pro will not restart?

After latest Update, Windows 10 Pro will not restart?: I just today, August 31, 2020, installed an update to Windows 10 Pro. When it restarted, all that happened was a black screen with a flashing white cursor in the upper left of the screen. Panicked, I inserted my Windows 10 System Repair Disk that I created when I updated from...
  6. Latest update broke laptop

Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  7. Latest Windows Update broke my laptop

Latest Windows Update broke my laptop: The latest windows update (1903 i believe) caused such a mess on my PC that I was forced to reimage the laptop yet again. 1. I was unable to access the settings panel because it kept crashing. Tried multiple online suggestions on resetting the settings app to no avail. 2....
  8. Windows Update not updating laptop to latest versions

Windows Update not updating laptop to latest versions: Hi My work laptop is still on Win10 1803. I have not received either upgrade options to 1809 or now 1903 in Windows Update. I don't have Admin access so I can't do a manual update with the upgrade tool. Can anyone advise as if there is anything I can do to get the...
  9. Restart to install the latest windows feature update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restart to install the latest windows feature update: Is this legit?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-to-install-the-latest-windows-feature/ba6d7e5f-a775-41f7-bdd8-cd32da438df1
  10. Computer won't restart after latest update

Computer won't restart after latest update: After the Sept 11 "critical update", my computer wouldn't restart. It would run the hardware diagnostics, which showed nothing, and then would recycle again and again to "repair". I had to revert the system to the last restore point a few days ago to regain access to my...