Windows 10: Laptop not shuting on from sleep automatically after opening the lid

Discus and support Laptop not shuting on from sleep automatically after opening the lid in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello there. I recently rebstarted my Sony Vaio laptop because of system problems and lost all Sony Vaio apps. After that the feature of closing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AlfredsVaio, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Laptop not shuting on from sleep automatically after opening the lid

Hello there.

I recently rebstarted my Sony Vaio laptop because of system problems and lost all Sony Vaio apps. After that the feature of closing the lid and the computer going into sleep was working but after i open the lid again I have to press the On Button so that the computer goes on after sleep. I tried to change that in the control panel in the options related to the lid but it didn't help. So I' looking for a way to again be able to open the lid and have the screen automatically turn on.

Thanks for any help in advance.

:)

AlfredsVaio, Jan 24, 2019
  2. A. User Win User

Laptop not shuting on from sleep automatically after opening the lid

Hello there.

I recently rebstarted my Sony Vaio laptop because of system problems and lost all Sony Vaio apps. After that the feature of closing the lid and the computer going into sleep was working but after i open the lid again I have to press the On Button so that
    the computer goes on after sleep. I tried to change that in the control panel in the options related to the lid but it didn't help. So I' looking for a way to again be able to open the lid and have the screen automatically turn on.

Thanks for any help in advance.

A. User, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Laptop Automatically Turns On when Openning Lid after SHUTDOWN

Hello Ali,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

What is the make and model of your device?

Is it really going to Shutdown state?

Opening a Lid will make PC to wake it from Sleep Mode. I guess the same is happening in your situation. It might be going to sleep mode and opening Lid brings it back from the sleep. Why because, when system goes to complete shutdown, then it won't turn
    on automatically when you open the Lid, until unless you press Power button.

Suggest you to cross the same with the Power options. To go to power options, press Start, type
    Power Options into the search space and select the same from the list.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 16, 2019
  4. red_fork Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode during shutdown after closing the lid

Hello,

I have a problem with windows 10 which is going to sleep mode instead of shuting down.

I changed power settings to shutdown after closing the lid and to go to sleep mode when I press power button.

Now, when I press power button system starts to shutdown. Then I close the lid and system goes to sleep mode during shutdown process...

When I open the lid again the laptop wakes up and continues to shut down.

Is it normal behaviour? In my opinion system shouldn't go to sleep when is shutting down.

red_fork, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop not shuting on from sleep automatically after opening the lid - Similar Threads - Laptop shuting sleep

2. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid: Hello, my notebook is going to sleep, after closing the lid, even that settings are set right - to not performe any action.After that, i can wake up notebook, but the system is very slow, impossible to play games etc. I have to restart notebook with lid closed, and then...
  3. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid: Hello, my notebook is going to sleep, after closing the lid, even that settings are set right - to not performe any action.After that, i can wake up notebook, but the system is very slow, impossible to play games etc. I have to restart notebook with lid closed, and then...
  4. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior: I have a new Windows 11 laptop that has some frustrating features and I can't get it to behave. The first is the open lid behavior. The laptop turns itself on when the lid is opened. I searched the settings and finally was able to make the Lid Open Setting visible it wasn't...
  6. Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior: I have a new Windows 11 laptop that has some frustrating features and I can't get it to behave. The first is the open lid behavior. The laptop turns itself on when the lid is opened. I searched the settings and finally was able to make the Lid Open Setting visible it wasn't...
  7. Laptop Not Going To Sleep After Closing Lid.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Not Going To Sleep After Closing Lid.: My Windows 10 Laptop does not turn off and is still fully functional, everything still working and going after I close the laptop lid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-going-to-sleep-after-closing-lid/57bbc0eb-9103-4c5e-953d-48f2393646c7
  8. Screen stays black after opening lid from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen stays black after opening lid from sleep mode: Simply put, every time I close my laptop lid enters sleep mode and reopen it, the screen stays black. I try waking it up by using my mouse and keyboard but nothing works. I have to do a force shutoff in order to get the screen working again. All of the windows updates are...
  9. Laptop restarts automatically after closing Lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts automatically after closing Lid: Hello, I close the lid of the laptop, and then when opening the lid after a few hours, the laptop has restarted automatically because of which I lose my work. This has happened 3-4 times before too. Can anyone please tell me what may be the reason behind this? And any...
  10. Prevent notebook recovering from sleep by opening the lid

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent notebook recovering from sleep by opening the lid: Hello everyone! I have a Sony and an HP notebook with Windows 10 installed. When the computer is on standby and I open the lid or click the mouse, the computer turns on. Despite all the Energy settings in the control panel I cannot fix it. I want the laptop to open ONLY by...