Windows 10: Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting.

Discus and support Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was working on my laptop and all of a sudden it got stuck, nothing moving so I trued to turn on Task manager but it didn't work so I force shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shubh Varma, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting.

So I was working on my laptop and all of a sudden it got stuck, nothing moving so I trued to turn on Task manager but it didn't work so I force shut down my laptop but the light indicating the power on is still blinking.

I turned it on again and the screen turns on but doesn't display anything.

I am scared this laptop has a lot of important stuff in it and I can't do a straight up reset also I have an important meeting in an hour please help.

Thank you.

:)

Shubh Varma, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Carbo Win User

Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Laptop shuts off randomly, not sure why

I won't even be touching the screen when it turns off, I just hear an audible click and then silence from the direction of the laptop. I've tried the screen thing and there's nothing caused by that.
    I use it frequently on battery at school and it never shuts down at school (I tend to use it on a desk). It seems to be something to do with when I use it on my lap but I'd like to know how them fitting a new motherboard has caused this problem, my dad suggested they fitted a watchdog to the motherboard to shut down at a certain temperature if this is the case, is there any way to disable it?

crazy pyro, Dec 30, 2020
  4. ayman1001 Win User

Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting.

Laptop not shutting down

Hi the screen goes blank but the laptop doesn't go off so I have to force shut it down by pressing the power button for 5 seconds. I have turned fast startup off but it still doesn't shut down. I have also had to replace my hard drive because my last hard drive failed because of the force shutdowns. Thanks for your help

ayman1001, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting.

1. Laptop not shutting down even after force shut down and screen doesn't display anyhting. - Similar Threads - Laptop shutting down

2. pc no display after shutting down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc no display after shutting down?: i closed my pc by shutting it down and when i tried opening it again it has no display i reseated the ram and bios nothing works tried removing gpu and using motherboard still no display?pc sepcsprocessor i7 9700gpu getforce rtx 1650more details in the pic i took before it...
  3. pc no display after shutting down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no display after shutting down?: i closed my pc by shutting it down and when i tried opening it again it has no display i reseated the ram and bios nothing works tried removing gpu and using motherboard still no display?pc sepcsprocessor i7 9700gpu getforce rtx 1650more details in the pic i took before it...
  4. pc no display after shutting down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop doesn't shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop doesn't shut down: Hello guys, after the recent update i'm not able to shut down my laptop. When i click on shutdown it goes to lock screen and when i try to shut down from lock screen it again gets stuck on lock screen. kindly help...
  6. My laptop doesn't start up after I force shut down.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop doesn't start up after I force shut down.: When I am reinstalling Windows, it stucked at "Getting Ready" and it already loading for at least 2 or 3 hours now. I search up some solutions and all say that i should restart my laptop by force shut down and restart. I've done it. But then when i restart my laptop, it says,...
  7. laptop shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop shutting down: hello my laptop would switch off for a week and it would switch on for another week... then switches off... am using asus trasformar T300 what could be the reason for that ?...
  8. Laptop shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutting down: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down before the battery saver mode even came on, now it locks my Laptop quickly as soon as it asks me to plug my charger in and the battery saver mode, but it locks itself so...
  9. Shut down display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Shut down display: I have a problem and I don't know what to do. How can I get to turn my display to turn off. It did have a power indicater in the lower right corner and could click on it and it would should down now it will not turn off. 120009
  10. Laptop doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't shut down properly: Over the past week, I realized whenever I would turn my laptop on, it would state that it was charging, which was weird since it stayed plugged in to an outlet all of the time. I tried to find what was causing this and it turns out, my laptop does not shut down properly....