Windows 10: Laptop not Shutting down Nor Hibernating

Discus and support Laptop not Shutting down Nor Hibernating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone I have HP elitebook 8460P Core i5 Second generation laptop. And I installed windows 10 32bit. But there is a big problem. And the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maamiradina, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Laptop not Shutting down Nor Hibernating

Hi Everyone
    I have HP elitebook 8460P Core i5 Second generation laptop.
    And I installed windows 10 32bit.
    But there is a big problem.
    And the problem is that , that when i am clicking on shut down, shutting down screen appears. and after that My PC's screen become black, and for many hours screen is black, Until my Laptop's battery became very low, And when my Laptop's battery Empty, Then is automatically off.
    That's why?
    And what will be the solution for this.
    I also changed the whole windows , but in this new windows two or three times my Laptop was shut down, but now , the problem is remain same.
    And this problem also occurs in hibernating, When i click hibernate screen goes black, and black forever, Until battery is completely go to Empty.

:)

maamiradina, Nov 13, 2016

2. Computer Stuck Hibernating

I have a Windows 10 Toshiba Satellite. When I shut down my laptop, it doesn't completely shut down but instead finishes by going into hibernation. Restart sometimes shuts the laptop down instead of restarting. When it goes into hibernation, mouse and keys
    and power button don't wake it up. I tried shutting off hibernation entirely with power settings and command prompt, but that didn't help. Turning on a screen saver helped it not go into hibernation when I left it for a minute. Help?

SherwoodWriter, Nov 13, 2016
  3. PC running Windows 10 fails to waken every other day

The PC is never closed down nor put in sleep, hibernation or suspend mode.

Why don't you shut down the computer overnight?

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 13, 2016
  4. Laptop not Shutting down Nor Hibernating

Please Reply to my thread, I am in very trouble because of this issue

maamiradina, Nov 13, 2016
  5. Is there anyone to hear my problem please........

maamiradina, Nov 15, 2016
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    I have one pc that has a sleep issue but I would suggest to reinstall windows with a windows10 ISO download so you can reinstall and keep all your programs. It's easy and better than recovery.

SonicBlue, Nov 15, 2016
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Check your drivers (specially chipset and videocard) for updated versions from manufacturers' page.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 15, 2016
  8. Laptop not Shutting down Nor Hibernating

I not understand, what you Told, if I install Fresh Windows , then My All Installed Apps , and programs will be remain installed??

maamiradina, Nov 17, 2016
  9. How I Shall check for updates, It is already Installed latest drivers, because i have Hp support Assistant and Intel Driver update program but in the both programs, The Hardware has no latest update showing for download

maamiradina, Nov 17, 2016
  10. SonicBlue Win User
Thema:

Laptop not Shutting down Nor Hibernating

1. Laptop not Shutting down Nor Hibernating - Similar Threads - Laptop Shutting down

2. shut down and hibernate not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shut down and hibernate not working: my notebook computer. when I shun down or hibernate, the screen will dark a few seconds and then turn to light. for solve the problem, I have reinstalled in USB flash drive but invalid. I try to turn off fast startup follow advice on Internet. In Administrator cmd, I'm run...
  3. shut down and hibernate not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shut down and hibernate not working: my notebook computer. when I shun down or hibernate, the screen will dark a few seconds and then turn to light. for solve the problem, I have reinstalled in USB flash drive but invalid. I try to turn off fast startup follow advice on Internet. In Administrator cmd, I'm run...
  4. Computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down.: I encountered a bugcheck, and ever since then, my computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down. Any attempts to pause the operation of the computer shows the login screen after a couple seconds of turning the monitor off.Before the bugcheck, pressing the power button...
  5. Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid

Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid: About a week ago my laptop had a change or hard drive. When I got it back, the screen went blank after being put on sleep mode, but I still could see and use the mouse. I rolled back the display driver and now it won’t project image through hdmi, and whenever I put it on...
  6. Hibernation shuts down the PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation shuts down the PC: Everytime I click on hibernate, instead of hibernating, it immediately and instantly shuts down the PC and next time I open up, I have to open all apps. It just goes OFF instantly The power plan settings hard disk turn off is set to 0 as advised. This happened after may 2020...
  7. Laptop isn't waking from sleep, nor is it shutting down

Laptop isn't waking from sleep, nor is it shutting down: I am facing two annoying problems on my HP Pavilion laptop: 1. My laptop doesn't wake up. The lights don't blink. Instead, they just stay on, with the screen blank, and the only way to get out of this is by forcefully shutting it down and starting it up again. 2. When i...
  8. HIbernate or shut down?

in Windows 10 Support
    HIbernate or shut down?: I've always had the practice of shutting down my home pc/laptop before going to bed. I always used the hibernate option throughout the day while I"m working on it/them. A lot of my friends had their hard drives crashed and always used the hibernate option. This despite the...
  9. "Shut Down" only enters Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    "Shut Down" only enters Hibernate: Here's something strange! I tried to shut my computer down because of another problem, and I found that it only went into Hibernate. When I started it back up, programs were still running that would have normally been turned off when the computer shuts down. So I tried it...
  10. Disabling Hibernation caused laptop to not shut down completely

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Hibernation caused laptop to not shut down completely: Hi, Hope you guys can help. When I go to Start -> Power -> Shut down, it displays the "Shutting down..." window, then the screen goes black, but the laptop won't shut down completely. That is, the WiFi, Bluetooth and Power (light bulb) indicators are still on (and...