Windows 10: Laptop not shutting down

Discus and support Laptop not shutting down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi my laptop doesn't shut down and I have to force shut it down for it to turn off I have turned quick start up off but it still doesn't shut down I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ayman1001, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ayman1001 Win User

Laptop not shutting down

Hi my laptop doesn't shut down and I have to force shut it down for it to turn off I have turned quick start up off but it still doesn't shut down I have an Acer laptop

:)

ayman1001, Jun 1, 2016

2. laptop not shutting down

Laptop not shutting down [​IMG]
    even
    i press on the shut down button my lappy is not shutting down please give me a solution for that

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

rohithpanuganti, Jun 1, 2016
  3. Anshu1432 Win User
    laptop not shutting down

I too had this problem, but somehow I managed to tackle with this. In case your PC is new then I would recommend you to get it exchanged or tested, that being said, Sometimes windows installation goes wrong as a result it may forfeit some functions to respond.
    If your PC is around there for a while then you can execute some method listed below. Get away from any easy tricks to resolve these type of issue, this may make the situation make worse. The above method most of the time doesn't work. Have you tried shutting
    down by pressing a physical power button? If no then try it maybe it needs that sort of shutdown. From what instances you are facing such problem?. If you still don't know, then there are some more ways to solve
    shutdown problem
    which are worth a try.

Anshu1432, Jun 1, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Laptop not shutting down

Go to the BSOD forum and follow the direction for running the DM Log collector. Even though you are not experiencing BSOD s the data collected can be very helpful in figuring out what is going on.

Post the resulting ZIP file in a reply here please.

Also, please fill out your System Specs:

How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.
    See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Ztruker, Jun 1, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Patience, we are all volunteers here and have real lives as well.

Thanks for the data.

Where does it hang on shutdown? Looking at the Event log I see a kernel power request to start shutdown then the next entry is when it's starting up again.

Try turning of Fast Startup, see if that resolves the problem. It has for many others, including myself.

How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Ztruker, Jun 2, 2016
  6. ayman1001 Win User
    Hi the screen goes blank but the laptop doesn't go off so I have to force shut it down by pressing the power button for 5 seconds. I have turned fast startup off but it still doesn't shut down. I have also had to replace my hard drive because my last hard drive failed because of the force shutdowns. Thanks for your help

ayman1001, Jun 2, 2016
  7. If it is an Intel-based motherboard, you will likely need to update your Intel management Engine drivers and/or change this option under Device Manager > Intel Management Engine.

DeaconFrost, Jun 2, 2016
  8. ayman1001 Win User

Laptop not shutting down

Thank you that has worked and now shuts down properly

ayman1001, Jun 3, 2016
  9. Excellent! Glad that worked and thanks for the rep.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Laptop not shutting down

1. Laptop not shutting down - Similar Threads - Laptop shutting down

2. Laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop is not shutting down: When I am shutting down my laptop, it says it's shutting down then display goes black but keyboard and power button light still says lit and after few seconds lock screen shows up. Adding to it, it's also not detecting TPM 2.0 in windows but it's enabled in BIOS and when I...
  3. Laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is not shutting down: When I am shutting down my laptop, it says it's shutting down then display goes black but keyboard and power button light still says lit and after few seconds lock screen shows up. Adding to it, it's also not detecting TPM 2.0 in windows but it's enabled in BIOS and when I...
  4. Laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop was not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop was not shutting down: I am using my laptop daily 3 to 4hrs but in battery usage it was showing 22hrs+ screen on and I even disabled s0 standbyI don't know whether my laptop was shutting down or not. My laptop specs i5 12th gen 1240p and battery is 41whr it is hp laptop what to do?...
  6. Laptop was not shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop was not shutting down: I am using my laptop daily 3 to 4hrs but in battery usage it was showing 22hrs+ screen on and I even disabled s0 standbyI don't know whether my laptop was shutting down or not. My laptop specs i5 12th gen 1240p and battery is 41whr it is hp laptop what to do?...
  7. Shutting down the laptop

Shutting down the laptop: My windows isn't showing shut down, sleep, etc. option under power button. How do I shut it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-the-laptop/3cc62cb4-7144-4681-8cdb-74ed824be1bf
  8. laptop shutting down

laptop shutting down: hello my laptop would switch off for a week and it would switch on for another week... then switches off... am using asus trasformar T300 what could be the reason for that ?...
  9. Laptop shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutting down: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down before the battery saver mode even came on, now it locks my Laptop quickly as soon as it asks me to plug my charger in and the battery saver mode, but it locks itself so...
  10. Shutting down Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down Laptop: From time to time when powering down my Laptop (Dell Inspiron 17) , the two blue lights in front remain on & I need to take out the battery I would like to know what is possibly causing this and how I can get it corrected 41521