Windows 10: Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

Discus and support Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,My Laptop is not starting after putting it on Sleep Mode. I have to shut it down with the power key and then start it again.This is not possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kaustubh Vatharkar, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

Hello,My Laptop is not starting after putting it on Sleep Mode. I have to shut it down with the power key and then start it again.This is not possible every time to shut down and start, so please help.Laptop is Windows 10.Thanks

:)

Kaustubh Vatharkar, Feb 6, 2022

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 6, 2022
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode [​IMG]

Chadi, Feb 6, 2022
  4. Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 6, 2022
Thema:

Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

1. Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Laptop Starting Sleep

2. no sleep mode on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sleep mode on laptop: hi, this device doesn't have the sleep choice on power choices + it's settings doesn't show up on power options settings, It requires display adapter driver update but it automatically updates it to intelR graphics 4000 and this crushes the pc showing a blue screen error...
  3. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop not opening from sleep mode: I put my laptop on sleep mode, and for some reason, it won't open back up again from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on again. How to fix this?...
  4. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not opening from sleep mode: I put my laptop on sleep mode, and for some reason, it won't open back up again from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on again. How to fix this?...
  5. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop won't open from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't open from sleep mode: Hello, I have this issue, when my I put my laptop on sleep mode, it won't open again after pressing anything. I need to turn it off manually using the power button and turn it back on. I know it is not supposed to be this way. How to fix this?...
  7. Laptop in sleep mode

Laptop in sleep mode: I am a college student and use my laptop everyday. I am constantly storing my laptop and taking it out of my backpack between classes. Is it ok to keep my laptop on sleep mode as I move between classes or should I power off? I have both an ssd and hhd so it doesn’t take very...
  8. Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode: Hello,My Laptop is not starting after putting it on Sleep Mode. I have to shut it down with the power key and then start it again.This is not possible every time to shut down and start, so please help.Laptop is Windows 10.Thanks...
  9. Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode: Hello,My Laptop is not starting after putting it on Sleep Mode. I have to shut it down with the power key and then start it again.This is not possible every time to shut down and start, so please help.Laptop is Windows 10.Thanks...
  10. BSOD after starting from sleeping mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after starting from sleeping mode: My system is always getting BSOD after starting up from sleeping mode. The system is built in around two months ago and the only thing i did is changing my GPU. Don't know if that is the issue if the driver of that last GPU is leading to BSOD. System specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen...