Windows 10: Laptop not switching off completely and not starting right

Discus and support Laptop not switching off completely and not starting right in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Their are a few with a Microsoft most valuable badge ....whatever that means. *Smile They Do NOT work for Microsoft thou. Thank you! Well, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kmint, Mar 7, 2016.

1. kmint Win User

Laptop not switching off completely and not starting right

Thank you!

Well, I found another thread right here with many other people having the same problem. I'll be trying every option.

Computer does not shutdown since i installed windows 10 - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

Thanks a lot.

kmint, Mar 8, 2016
  2. kmint Win User

Hi, just passing by to tell that I installed the driver ATKPackage for Windows 10 from ASUS web site for my laptop model and now everything seems to work fine. Sleeps and shuts down fine. At least by now.

Thank you everybody again.

kmint, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Dadicator Win User
    If your laptop continues to turn it self on -- Check # 7 Power Options -- "Again" Then Look some where else. . .
    Questions 1. Does the Mouse or Touch pad wake the computer. 2. Does the Network Cards wake the Computer, (Bluetooth, NIC, USB, WiFi ) Check all of these in properties.
    ** I had a problem with my computer turning on in the middle of the night when I know that I shut it off. . . I then went through each and every event in the "Event Viewer" and found out at least on Windows 10, Microsoft has the ability to wake the machine and install updates. I learn of this by the event viewer telling me that updates had been installed at 2:46am --I know I had turned off the machine. This happened a few more times before I disable the WAKE Feature on these devices.

BIG BOTHER IS CERTIANLY WATCHING

Dadicator, Mar 21, 2016
  4. kmint Win User

kmint, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop not switching off completely and not starting right - Similar Threads - Laptop switching off

2. Is my laptop turned off completely ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop turned off completely ?: I recently stumbled upon this post about the screen time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-on-time-is-24-hours/bb7c5799-8abb-4c2e-9779-ffcc29254beaI usually use my laptop for around 3-4 hours daily and was wondering why it shows the battery...
  3. Is my laptop turned off completely ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my laptop turned off completely ?: I recently stumbled upon this post about the screen time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-on-time-is-24-hours/bb7c5799-8abb-4c2e-9779-ffcc29254beaI usually use my laptop for around 3-4 hours daily and was wondering why it shows the battery...
  4. Why does Maintance not switch off when completed ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Maintance not switch off when completed ?: It starts but does not switch off when completed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-maintance-not-switch-off-when-completed/074f26ff-5fef-4d94-91ac-95e0668854f7
  5. Why does Maintance not switch off when completed ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Maintance not switch off when completed ?: It starts but does not switch off when completed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-maintance-not-switch-off-when-completed/074f26ff-5fef-4d94-91ac-95e0668854f7
  6. Laptop turns off after switching on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off after switching on?: I was working on my laptop (hp win 10) and went away for a moment and when I came back it was off when I turned it on I had a black screen and when I turned it off it turned off when I tried to turn it on it turned off with a clacking sound I tried to turn it on again and got...
  7. Laptop freezes on/switches itself off?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes on/switches itself off?: [ATTACH] Formerly about once a month, today it happened to me 3 times! Sometimes it freezes completely and has to be switched off by pressing the power button for a long time, or it suddenly turns off out of nowhere. What's interesting is that just before switching off,...
  8. Laptop switches off on 50% battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop switches off on 50% battery: My HP laptop running Windows 10 has suddenly started to switch off with approx. 50% battery power left, at the same time the low battery warning stopped coming up. I have done all the checks on advanced battery settings to no effect. I read somewhere a method for resetting...
  9. Disabling Laptop Lid Switch completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Laptop Lid Switch completely: Hi everyone, I've been having a rather annoying problem with my Lenovo Legion Y530. My laptop randomly started going to sleep while gaming and eventually started happening at completely arbitrary times. When I looked at event viewer I saw the issue was "Error 42 - Reason for...
  10. Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.: Quite often my Dell Inspiron5758 laptop will, when I switch on the power to recharge, turn off. Has anyone any ideas what might be the cause? 123749