Windows 10: Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?

Discus and support Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop is not turning on but the power light is on.how do you fix?pls help im charging it but its still not turning on.and its really hot.plss help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jakethemicrosoftuser, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?

My laptop is not turning on but the power light is on.how do you fix?pls help im charging it but its still not turning on.and its really hot.plss help

:)

jakethemicrosoftuser, Oct 16, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

power light turns off and on

Hi,

This can be due to a hardware or a corrupted driver on your device.
    For us to identify the next step to take, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you experiencing any issues when playing Windows Media Player?
    • Can you describe to us what do you mean by power light turns off and on?
    • What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Power light stays on after shutddown

Hi Godfrey,

Welcome and thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• What is the make model of the Laptop?
    Initially, I suggest you to run the power troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. It checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box of task bar.

• Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security

• Click on Power and follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Zeeba# Win User

Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?

1. Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix? - Similar Threads - Laptop turning power

2. Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...: I have charged the laptop a few times due to thinking its extremely flat. But when I switch it on the power, internet, sound buttons and lights indicator just flashes white and orange. Before this the laptop kept restarted automatically with an error message and a blue...
  3. Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...: I have charged the laptop a few times due to thinking its extremely flat. But when I switch it on the power, internet, sound buttons and lights indicator just flashes white and orange. Before this the laptop kept restarted automatically with an error message and a blue...
  4. Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hp laptop wont turn on, long flashing power light.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp laptop wont turn on, long flashing power light.: Had the computer for a year. Than after the warranty expired, the computer wouldn't turn on. Upon pressing the power button, I get no display, from the screen or hdmi output. But, power indicator and charger indicator light flashes for 8 seconds and turns off, repeatedly....
  6. Hp laptop wont turn on, long flashing power light.

Hp laptop wont turn on, long flashing power light.: Had the computer for a year. Than after the warranty expired, the computer wouldn't turn on. Upon pressing the power button, I get no display, from the screen or hdmi output. But, power indicator and charger indicator light flashes for 8 seconds and turns off, repeatedly....
  7. Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?: My laptop is not turning on but the power light is on.how do you fix?pls help im charging it but its still not turning on.and its really hot.plss help...
  8. Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?

Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?: My laptop is not turning on but the power light is on.how do you fix?pls help im charging it but its still not turning on.and its really hot.plss help...
  9. Turning power strip on now turns CPU power light on

Turning power strip on now turns CPU power light on: Normally when I turn the power strip on in the morning I had to then turn on my CPU separately. For the past week when I turn on the power strip the CPU power button lights up, but I still have a black screen. I still have to press the lighted CPU power button briefly, and...
  10. power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on

power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on: power lite and power button lite stay on after shutdown but windows doesn't shut down all the way. I have to press the reset button to get it going again I dont know what.s going on with this . HELP!!!...