Windows 10: Laptop not working after latest update

Discus and support Laptop not working after latest update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone! On 04-09-2020, I put my laptop on an update & restart following which I got a blue screen error saying "Your PC did not start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ayush Kothari, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Laptop not working after latest update

Hello everyone! On 04-09-2020, I put my laptop on an update & restart following which I got a blue screen error saying "Your PC did not start properly". I opted for restart but got the same error again. The Automatic Repair started as soon as I powered on my laptop which failed to do any repairs. Going into Advanced Options, I tried Startup Repair but got the error "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC" with a pathway to a Srt log file in C drive. I tried to uninstall the feature/quality update but that didn't work either. I got the message "You have pending update actions & we won't be able to uninstall the latest quality/feature update of Windows. Try running Startup Repair instead".

I had hoped that there would be a System Restore Point since in my previous computer it used to automatically create restore points but unfortunately, there was no restire point available. So the System Restore option didn't work either. I tried to see if I could enter Safe Mode but even that isn't happening because the OS isn't booting up. Various command prompt orders including chkdsk, bootrec/fixboot were tried but with fixboot, I got the error "Access is denied. It is being used in another process". Frankly, I'm at the end of my rope here with the Customer Service Call Center also being closed. I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me out.

:)

Ayush Kothari, Sep 5, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Laptop not working after latest update

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Laptop not working after latest update

1. Laptop not working after latest update - Similar Threads - Laptop working latest

2. Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help: Yesterday I updated my windows 10 laptop and today's it's showing pxe rom no boot device found I got into bios and saw that boot sequence was changed into legacy I changed it into uefi and secure boot then it showed that your hardisk is not working...
  3. Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help: Yesterday I updated my windows 10 laptop and today's it's showing pxe rom no boot device found I got into bios and saw that boot sequence was changed into legacy I changed it into uefi and secure boot then it showed that your hardisk is not working...
  4. Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PASSOWORD NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PASSOWORD NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE: After the latest update my computer will not boot up properly. I keep getting the Automatic Repair screen with "Your PC did not start correctly".When I try to shut down and restart I keep getting the same screen. In advance options I am trying to Uninstall the latest Quality...
  6. PASSOWORD NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PASSOWORD NOT WORKING AFTER LATEST UPDATE: After the latest update my computer will not boot up properly. I keep getting the Automatic Repair screen with "Your PC did not start correctly".When I try to shut down and restart I keep getting the same screen. In advance options I am trying to Uninstall the latest Quality...
  7. java is not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    java is not working after latest update: my java doesnot work after the last windows update... what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-is-not-working-after-latest-update/03bb7cfc-b509-43c7-a690-085246dbba91
  8. computer not working after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not working after latest update: Firstly appologies if i am posting in the wrong place, Yesterday i did the latest update & now i cant get past the opening screen that asks for the pin code, the reason for this is it looks like all of my usb ports are disabled so i as good as have no mouse or keyboard. I...
  9. Usb not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb not working after latest update: Version10.0.19041 Build 19041.329 I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the problem by going to device manager - universal serial bus controllers - uninstall everything in there and reboot. I hate to...
  10. Usb not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb not working after latest update: Version10.0.19041 Build 19041.329 I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the problem by going to device manager - universal serial bus controllers - uninstall everything in there and reboot. I hate to...