Windows 10: Laptop not working after remote connection

Discus and support Laptop not working after remote connection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had a verbal & visual message on my laptop saying it was infected & I must phone a number, being convinced It was from Microsoft I foolishly phoned,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Christopheroldfield, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Laptop not working after remote connection

I had a verbal & visual message on my laptop saying it was infected & I must phone a number, being convinced It was from Microsoft I foolishly phoned, they said they could fix the problem & the work would be free . they also suggested I purchase a virus protection, I began to purchase but my bank stopped the payment. They worked on my computer remotely for about an hour.The situation now is my laptop is not functioning and they said they would call back re the purchase of the anti virus.

How do I resolve this and get my laptop working again,

Any help would be appreciated

* Original title: help please

:)

Christopheroldfield, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

Try the above, post back how it went.

3. mlee49 Win User
    help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Laptop not working after remote connection

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Laptop not working after remote connection

1. Laptop not working after remote connection - Similar Threads - Laptop working remote

2. Is my laptop remotely connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop remotely connected: Hi I was having problems last night trying to access a vpn account and my internet provider blocked me from getting on the site. Anyway after speaking to them I was suddenly able to download the vpn. Then this morning I accessed my laptop firstly I couldn’t get on the...
  3. Is my laptop remotely connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my laptop remotely connected: Hi I was having problems last night trying to access a vpn account and my internet provider blocked me from getting on the site. Anyway after speaking to them I was suddenly able to download the vpn. Then this morning I accessed my laptop firstly I couldn’t get on the...
  4. Remote desktop connection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection not working: Hi I am trying to connect my home laptop to a work laptop my User account is the admin on both laptops via the Remote desktop connection. I am able to connect remotely under the same network work wifi, but still trying to find a way to connect when under different networks....
  5. Remote connection not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote connection not working: I am trying to connect to my work computer remotely and nothing seems to be working. I have enabled remote connections and tried connecting to the IP address but still nothing....
  6. Remote Desktop Connection not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection not working: I'm trying to connect my PC to my IOS device using remote desktop connection but I cant seem to connect, it's saying that there is already an active console connection even though there isn't. Any fix for this?...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime: Hi, I have a custom PC New with Core i7, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050ti graphics card on gigabyte board B460m motherboard. I have windows 10 pro on my custom PC and my laptop surface pro 4. Custom PC doesn't have a monitor but connects to a full HD tv if required....
  8. Remote Desktop Connection(mstsc) not working after updating Windows 10 on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop Connection(mstsc) not working after updating Windows 10 on laptop: Due to WFH, my job requires that I use remote desktop connection. But after every update, it stops working and it displays something like 'SSP encryption not available'. I have to uninstall the updates and restart the computer each time and it is very cumbersome and a pain in...
  9. Laptop Trackpad doesn't work after incoming remote connection

Laptop Trackpad doesn't work after incoming remote connection: I have Windows 10 Education installed on my Laptop. The trackpad doesn't work after connecting (and disconnecting) from another PC over RDP. A USB mouse will work and the the trackpad will work again after restarting the laptop. First noticed after recent WIndows updates....
  10. Remote to laptop not working

Remote to laptop not working: My laptop is on WiFi. I can remote from it to a PC on that is on hard wire. But I cannot remote to the laptop from the PC. I checked and remote control is turned on on the laptop. I tried turnng the firewall off to completely eliminate it from the scenario, but still...