Windows 10: laptop not working since last update

Discus and support laptop not working since last update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My HP probook is now inoperable since it restarted after an update. Previous to that it kept crashing & I was getting different stop codes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dockleaf, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Dockleaf Win User

laptop not working since last update

Hi,

My HP probook is now inoperable since it restarted after an update.

Previous to that it kept crashing & I was getting different stop codes including KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED & MEMORY MANAGEMENT. After a series of crashes it said needs a restart. Ever since that restart it just boots to home screen & looks like it's constantly loading that up. I can't open anything as every 2-3 seconds it jumps back to the home screen, which looks like it's constantly loading & keeps in that jumpy loop.

I need my laptop to function correctly, some help here please.

:)

Dockleaf, Sep 22, 2020

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Sep 22, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 22, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. laptop not working since last update - Similar Threads - laptop working since

2. Laptop won't shutdown since last Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't shutdown since last Windows Update: Since the last Windows update, my HP laptop won't shut down, it says "Shutting down" then goes back to the login screen. I have to hold the power button in to force it to shut down. How can I fix this?...
  3. No hyperlinks work since last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No hyperlinks work since last Windows update: Hi, since the most recent Windows Update 10-11 June 2020 I have not been able to open any link on my computer. This includes: - opening any folder in file explorer - following any link in Chrome or Internet Explorer - any 'sign in' link on the internet. At times, I...
  4. Bluetooth not working since last Windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working since last Windows updates: Split from this thread. Same problem. I have a new-ish Dell Inspiron 5493 with Win 10 Home. Microsoft just updated the OS this evening and now my Bluetooth mouse is gone. So I go to Bluetooth settings and where there's normally a slider switch icon to turn Bluetooth...
  5. HDMI port not working since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI port not working since last update: Previously I have been able to uninstall the latest update to have it working again. This time I get the error "Not all of the updates were sucessfully uninstalled" and port is not functioning. Tried uninstalling as an admin using wusa command. Did not work. Any other way...
  6. Onedrive not working since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not working since last update: Since these updates were installed, onedrive in File Explorer has stopped working. Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. - Net - 8/9/2019 AM - 15.68.17015.112 Successfully installed on 07-Dec-19 Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. - Bluetooth - 8/9/2019 AM - 15.68.17015.112 Successfully...
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  9. Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update: During the last two weeks or so, I've noticed that my laptop takes an inordinate amount of time to start up--way more time than it used to take, and that's even with fast startup enabled. I think the longer startup began after the last Windows 10 cumulative update...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538