Windows 10: Laptop number keys 12347890 dont work only 5 and 6 do

Discus and support Laptop number keys 12347890 dont work only 5 and 6 do in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am on windows 11 on a ThinkPad x250 and only number keys 5 and 6 work. I have tried pressing the ctrl alt and super keys and it didn't work. please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chapmanmhj, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Laptop number keys 12347890 dont work only 5 and 6 do

I am on windows 11 on a ThinkPad x250 and only number keys 5 and 6 work. I have tried pressing the ctrl alt and super keys and it didn't work. please help as this effects my school work.

:)

chapmanmhj, Nov 28, 2022

2. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this happened? I looked it up and it seems to be a reoccurring problem for some people, and I've tried some of the suggestions on various forums such as: updating my keyboard driver, reinstalling my keyboard driver, holding fn/windows key + alt + ctrl, as well as pressing the keys that don't work and holding them down in various formations.
    I would really love some help with this, as it's pretty annoying to have to use the keypad and not be able to use various symbols like parentheses and exclamation marks.
    Thank you.

Sophie.ieio, Nov 28, 2022
  3. number keys not working except 5 and 6

In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working

> Un install keyboard driver and installed

> Removed recent windows updates

> Hold Ctrl, Fn and Alt keys for thirty seonds

> Hold Ctrl, win and Alt keys for thirty seonds

> Dust outed the key pad with air blower...................none of these worked out.

It looks this this issue is there since long and no proper solutions yet from microsoft. Please help me to resolve this.

Regards

Mathivanan

MathivananT, Nov 28, 2022
  4. AjayM1 Win User

Laptop number keys 12347890 dont work only 5 and 6 do

Number 6 key not working on my laptop

I've come across a problem with my laptop recently - the number 6 key on the internal keyboard will not do anything on my computer. It's not stuck down or anything, and when I shut down and start the computer again, when prompted for a pin, a number of 6s
    will be spammed by itself and then the key will not work. It can't be hardware can it, since the 6s previously entered all are suddenly spammed on startup?

I have used the on-screen keyboard and the 6 works from there. I have run windows on command prompt only and when I'm asked to sign in the six spamming happens again (and the key again fails to work). I have also run a malware scan and nothing shows up just
    to be extra sure. Is this something which can be fixed?

I am running Windows 10 1809, with a Lenovo laptop.

AjayM1, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Laptop number keys 12347890 dont work only 5 and 6 do

1. Laptop number keys 12347890 dont work only 5 and 6 do - Similar Threads - Laptop number keys

2. Laptop number keys 12347890 dont work only 5 and 6 do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop number keys 12347890 dont work only 5 and 6 do: I am on windows 11 on a ThinkPad x250 and only number keys 5 and 6 work. I have tried pressing the ctrl alt and super keys and it didn't work. please help as this effects my school work....
  3. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  4. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  5. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Number 6 key not working on keyboard!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number 6 key not working on keyboard!: Hello there, I am having problems with my keyboard. I just bought this new keyboard from corsair and it should not have any problems but I found that my number 6 key above Y and T is not working at all. No program is able to use this key so I tried trouble shooting with...
  7. Number 6 key not working on my laptop

Number 6 key not working on my laptop: I've come across a problem with my laptop recently - the number 6 key on the internal keyboard will not do anything on my computer. It's not stuck down or anything, and when I shut down and start the computer again, when prompted for a pin, a number of 6s will be spammed by...
  8. In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...
  9. number keys not working except 5 and 6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    number keys not working except 5 and 6: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...
  10. In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working

In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...