Windows 10: Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep

Discus and support Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there. I first apologise as this doesn't apply to my current computer specs but to my friend's laptop. His laptop however is also a Toshiba... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ellellell1, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep

Hi there.

I first apologise as this doesn't apply to my current computer specs but to my friend's laptop. His laptop however is also a Toshiba Satellite and also has Windows 10 Home 64bit.

What seems to happen is when he closes the lid on his laptop his laptop sleeps as most other laptops do. But when he lifts the lid, not always but occasionally the computer wakes but with a blank screen. The power button and power, battery indicators remain on. It is almost like it has crashed/frozen at this point and a hard shutdown is required to turn the laptop back on. He claims that it could also have something to do with the large bulky 3d games he plays like Minecraft but it could be anything.

I have had a look at all the power settings both with the modern settings and old (control panel) and nothing seems to be at fault there. This also wasn't a previous problem as he had no problems with his laptop sleeping when he had windows 8.1.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I can provide more details if needed.

:)

ellellell1, Jan 15, 2016
  2. Ratsea Win User

Sleep mode recovery

This new driver has gone a long way to help, but the laptop does still occasionally not wake from sleep. It is difficult to pinpoint, but having the power cable attached and the battery nearly charged but then removing the power after sleep mode activated
    does seem to prevent it waking again.

To quantify the effectiveness, it's now 90% OK, so is that 'Answered'?

Ratsea, Jan 15, 2016
  3. MarkGilby Win User
    Windows 10 Goes to sleep mode randomly and can't turn back on

This sounds similar to my problem. Despite settings set to 10 minutes battery and 1 hour mains, HP laptop sleeps after 2-5 minutes. Occasionally, I can't trigger wake it up either. 3 states: Wakes nearly instantly; wakes VERY slowly and rarely (1 in
    10) does not wake.

MarkGilby, Jan 15, 2016
Thema:

Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep

1. Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop occasionally waking

2. Laptop not waking from sleep/idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not waking from sleep/idle: This infuriating issue began a few months ago, after an update I believe. I have been trying to fix it ever since.Acer Spin 5 SP515-51GNThe laptop doesn't wake from sleep after it has been left for more than a few seconds after the screen has turned off. When plugged into...
  3. Occasional Blue Screen of Death and inability to wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Occasional Blue Screen of Death and inability to wake up from sleep: My Windows 10 Hone has encountered blue screen of death with the error stop code VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR several times. If my laptop is not connected to the internet when the BSOD occurs, it will stuck on the Blue Screen and heat up overtime. I have done a fresh install of...
  4. Laptop wakes from sleep - help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep - help!: I"ve been trying to figure this out for such a long time and I'm losing my mind. The short version is that my computer, like my kid, seems to wake up from sleep all the time and if on AC, just runs and runs and runs with the lid closed and gets really hot and the fan makes a...
  5. Laptop wakes from sleep - help!

Laptop wakes from sleep - help!: I've been trying to figure this out for such a long time and I'm losing my mind. The short version is that my computer, like my kid, seems to wake up from sleep all the time and if on AC, just runs and runs and runs with the lid closed and gets really hot and the fan makes a...
  6. Laptop waking up from sleep

Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  7. Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  8. Occasionally can't login after wake from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Occasionally can't login after wake from sleep: Hi there, First my computer: ASUS laptop Vivobook S551LB i5-4200u 750GB HDD windows 10 As topic my computer occasionally fail to login after wake from sleep. After the password is typed, it load a while then jump back to lockscreen. The chance is low (It feels...
  9. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  10. BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep: Hi, Recently, whenever I wake my laptop up from sleep (from closing the lid and then opening it again), sometimes I get a BSOD. I think it started when I updated the Intel graphics driver, so I've booted into safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and I...